Sunday, September 18, 2016


Ta! Da! FNSI was pretty much successful. Got the quilt pin-basted. Had to go back upstairs afterwards because my feet were killing me. Standing on the hard, concrete basement floor just plain hurts!


What really hurts, though, is what I realized after taking my pictures for the post. Check it out ... the backing fabric is directional and of course I've got it on upside-down! Am I going to re-do it? Absolutely NOT!! Quilt Police be damned! Hahaha!

On Saturday I managed to almost complete two of the Farmer's Wife 6" blocks. I say "almost" because I was short a piece of background fabric so couldn't complete the first block. On the 2nd block I got the components pieced but not assembled. I'll get there!!!!

Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens! I think you could make the argument in this case that who's to say what direction that critter was walking? I think it is perfectly acceptable! Great work getting so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How annoying - but I think you can easily get away with that.

    I have some rubber "tiles" - they are about 18"square, they click together - a bit like jigsaw pieces and they are used for people who go camping to provide a weather proof floor. In Australia we can buy them in hardware shops or camping places. Easy to put down & take up if you need to and a LOT softer on the feet, knees and back..

    ReplyDelete