Sunday, September 17, 2017

FNSI Rocks!

Have I mentioned recently how much I love FNSI? Wendy at Sugarlane Designs hosts this wonderful sew-along every month. It is so much fun to catch up with my international friends each month to see what they're working on. So many beautiful projects. So much inspiration! Thank you, Wendy, for this wonderful opportunity!

So what did I work on this month? My Clam Shells by Irene Blanck! Here's my picture today.

See that red shell with the cute little sheep on it, 5th row, 2nd from the right? That's where I started my FNSI. Those shells needed to be appliqued down and I went straight to it. Since you sew from right to left, I finished that row and then the entire  next row above! So happy with the progress! Actually so happy that I finished all the way to the top on Saturday!

Next step: Figure out what to do with the borders. I'm thinking about putting a touch of applique on the borders. What do you think? I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what to use for the  borders themselves, but I'll figure it out ... eventually!

Also recently finished were my Anthology Socks by Very Busy Monkey over on Ravelry. They turned out beautifully. The yarn is Pagewood Farms and the color is Fabulous Fall. I'm ready for some cooler weather so I can wear these fabulous socks!

One other little thing I managed. Here's the before picture of my cutting table. UGH!

Here's the after:

Look! You can see the mat again! I put all the fabrics away by color and have discovered I need three more bins. One for purple, one for pink, and one for black.I also discovered that I shouldn't ever, ever, EVER have to buy neutrals again! That bin is on "overload"! Anyway, I sure do hate putting away all my "FUN" but it's a necessary evil to allow the inspiration to come through! Haha!

That's what's new here. Now to go raid the stash and figure out borders for my Clam Shells!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Susie boy well done ,i love your clams and those socks are gorgeous,you are very clever,well done with cleaning up your cutting table,gee i must do mine,lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clamshells! And the socks! It is cool enough here that I could wear them right now. :) I have to tackle my sewing room one of these days. The clutter is overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie. We worked on the same thing....lovely! Cute socks and well done on your sparkly cutting table. Thank you also for your lovely comment on my blog. For some reason I can't reply to Google plus blogs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks just like my cutting table!!!!! Such cute clam shells and I love the socks. Very cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! You can always buy another neutral bin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those clam shells! Some day I will make some, they keep popping up in my pinterest. I wanted to thank you for the wonderful comments over at my blog {Quilty Folk}! I really appreciate the love. Couldn't find your email to respond that way, so finally tracked you down here at your blog!

    ReplyDelete