Saturday, February 17, 2018

It's All About Mosaics!

Last night marked FNSI #2 for 2018 and I wasn't about to let it slip by.
I worked some more on my Mosaics hexies. That pretty one at the bottom is the one I put together last night while watching the men ice skate in Pyeong Chang. I'm enjoying the Olympics and the bonus sewing time it affords me!
 I also managed to start knitting those hobo mitts that I promised my daughter. Below is the ribbed cuff and the beautiful Socks That Rock yarn (colorway Under the Boardwalk) will be used with the blue yarn in Mosaic pattern. If you recognize that blue yarn, it's because it's what's left from that cute baby sweater (Nouveau ne). The mitts are called Phalangees and both patterns can be found on Ravelry. 
I'm looking forward to making progress on these mitts. I'll be learning how to do this Mosaic stitching. I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Once again I'd like to thank Wendy, our FNSI hostess. I look forward to this monthly event and checking out what all my friends have been working on. You should check out Sugarlane Designs link and see for yourself. There were 32 of us sewing last night!

Keep on sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment