Monday, August 13, 2018

I Just Love Retreat!

I do! I do! I truly do!!!! I love retreat! Surrounded by like-minded friends & whirring sewing machines = BLISS!

Remember my Farmer's Wife little packets from last week?
I managed to turn four of them into this: 
Lucy
Lady
Malvina

Magnolia

I'm also still plodding along with Bonnie Hunter's Leaders & Enders Challenge from last year. It was a Rail Fence that she used checkerboards on her top rail. I'm using HSTs and I needed to make more. 
40 trimmed up HSTs
When I laid out the blocks I have made so far, my husband declared it looked like shark teeth. I believe I'll name this quilt "Shark Bite". This is just a few of my blocks laid out to give you an idea of what it will eventually look like. These are 8" blocks and I think I have just shy of 64 done. That makes for an 8x8 layout which sizes up to 64"x64". Need more!

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!
This week I also made good progress on June's clue of Kyoto, Jinny Beyer's Mystery QAL. The little triangles turned into six of these: 
July's clue was six of these. They aren't too difficult to sew. I think I did a pretty good job of matching up the designs. 
Unfortunately I mis-cut my narrow stripe fabric and will be on the horn this afternoon to Jinny Beyer Studio. Surely they have extra Kyoto fabric set aside for dopes like me!!!

While I wait for the extra fabric to arrive for July's clue mistake, I'll be able to start on August's clue. It'll take me forever again because it is June's clue only the triangles need to spin in the opposite direction. Time to go cut, cut, cut and sew, sew, sew again!

Update: I have finished the quilting on My Big Gold Star. Will be getting the binding on this week .... probably. Until then, I've got a phone call to make ...

Will be linking up with my friends at Em's Scrap Bag. Check out all the other talented people linking up too. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment