Saturday, November 24, 2018

FNSI #2!

Another perfect evening for the Friday Night Sew-In gals & me to take a step back, breathe, and relax. Thanksgiving was wonderful with hubby's sister and two daughters eating dinner with us. Their three and our three (which included Mom, of course!) made a nice round table of six. We had all the trimmings and Mom kept exclaiming that I served $50 meals to all. Isn't that sweet??!! Anyway I'd like to say that I tried Ina Garten's Steamed Brussel Sprouts & Bacon recipe. They were a hit with everyone. Even hubby said they weren't bad which I consider a compliment from him! Hahaha!

After dinner I brought out a jigsaw puzzle which I'd received from my daughter. The guests said they didn't really do puzzles and flipped when I said it was only 1000 pieces, still in the box, and surely they could give it a go. We managed to get this much done before desserts called to us.
Mom & I worked a bit on it some more during the day on Friday and now it looks like this.
Progress is progress, right?

Anyway, after all the hubbub of Thanksgiving Thursday, it was leftovers and sewing for me on Friday. Here's a peek at what I managed to sew. 

Earlier thought that if no one wanted to do my puzzle with me that I should at least have something in my lap. I got out my Kathy Schmitz Spring pattern and copied it over to my fabric. (Love my lightbox!) Before company arrived for dinner I did manage to put a few stitches in.
Last night, I got this far ....
I'm loving it, especially that little bird!

This morning I crept down the stairs very early and worked on my Dresden Quilt Workshop. The blades were already cut out and the first pairings sewn. They needed pressing and then more sewing. Here they are.
I'm slowly but surely making progress on this and think I may be able to catch up this week. That would be sweet because the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt - Good Fortune - released clue #1 on Friday. I've vowed to not even start that one until the Dresden Quilt and Temecula Quilt Shop's Secret Santa SAL are completed! Sure hope I can hold out!!!

Meanwhile, enjoy your weekend. Remember your favorite shops today and pay them a visit if you've got a little time. Today is Small Business Saturday and we surely cry when local quilt shops fold/retire/quit/whatever.

Linking up with our beautiful hostess Wendy over at Sugarlane Designs for Friday Night Sew-In.


No comments:

Post a Comment