I've been working diligently on Hope. Hope is the quilt I started during an all-day, live quilt-a-long with Gudrun Erla of GEDesigns. If you remember this project from the summer of 2020 (I think), I worked on it with my sister. We shared our progress with each other over the phone as she was sewing along at her own home.
Sometime last year I pin basted Hope. Then at the beginning of this year, I put her on my 2021 UFO Challenge & my PHD2021 lists. Her number didn't come up until finally for December at the UFO Challenge. In the meantime, I'd needed the basting pins for other quilt tops so I tried out some water-soluble thread from Wonderfil, I used it to thread baste Hope, using the longest stitch possible on my sewing machine and my walking foot. It wasn't easy. The thread broke several times along the way. I'm sure it was operator error but I did manage to get that part finished eventually.
Jump ahead to November 2021 and time to start quilting her up. After all, it is due December 14th at UFO Club. I'm happy to say that the thread basting worked beautifully!