Saturday, December 4, 2021

Last 2021 FNwF

Yesterday was Friday Night with Friends night and I made sure I could be happily stitching with my global friends. I would like to thank Cheryll @Gone Stitchin' for getting out the reminders and organizing us each & every  month. It's the perfect excuse to HAVE TO sew in the evenings and possibly get something done! Click on the link above and see what all the friends have worked on.

As for me, I started off the Australian evening (afternoon here in USA) with the opportunity to prepare my Christmas mini pillows. I did most of the wool applique while at my last Kinderhook retreat. Besides finishing up the applique, I also did all the embroidery during free time at home. Yesterday I found a suitable backing fabric ...

and next applied some fusible interfacing to both the backs of the embroideries and the backing fabrics.

Then last night I sewed around all six pillows, clipped the corners, turned them right-side out, and finally gave them a good pressing. I'll stuff them Saturday and sew the openings closed while Mom is here this weekend. Aren't they so cute??!!

I still had time on my hands while watching one of my favorite TV shows, Blue Bloods. So happy I'd earlier also prepared this little bit.


I managed to get all the whip stitching done on this little Santa Tree. It'll be a Christmas ornament which I'll work really hard on to finish up this weekend as well as the Christmas pillows.

I hope you had an enjoyable Friday evening. There's nothing like spending it virtually with friends. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Love your little pillows they are gorgeous. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... I just LoVe all of them. Can't pick a favourite.
    Thank you for joining in FNwF on the 1st Friday... & I look forward to your company again in 2022. Merry Christmas...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you along and what a lot you got done! Enjoy your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little pillows and tree ornie….

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little pillows are beautiful, lovely patterns, your little Santa tree is a pattern I have not seen before.

    ReplyDelete