Saturday, December 18, 2021

Holiday Time & RSC/PHD

The holidays are just about here and all the festivities are about to kick in. I've been cleaning, shopping, planning meals, decorating, writing cards, organizing, and preparing handwork for quiet family time. Of course the Parcheesi board will be brought out too! My brother, wife, and twins arrive this evening. They'll stay overnight at Mom's before heading over to the airport to pick up their son and settling in for a few days at the in-laws. My daughter arrives tomorrow with her two kitties. Gracie and Polly are looking forward to their company! Ha! They'll be staying here with us. Then mid-week my brother's family returns to us for a couple days until after Christmas brunch. Sarah leaves the following mid-week. Oh my! Busy! Busy! And it's all WONDERFUL!

Down to business now. I did not earn my PHD (Projects half Done). Not only did I not finish all of my projects, but I didn't finish all that I started during 2021. Guess it's back to the class room for me. I'm happy to say that I did manage to finish 5 PHD projects and several others. Here they are:

Table Scraps

Reindeer Frolic Wool Mat

Table Scraps

Table Scraps

Tiny Tuesday RSC Finish

Snowmen & Churches

Shark Bite

Halloween BOM top

Christmas Wool Mini

Positivity

Halloween Apron

Boo #2

Mini 10-Minute Table Runner

Hope (pattern by GEDesigns)

That's it from me for 2021. I doubt I'll have any other finishes and I probably won't be posting much until the new year. I'm working on  my RSC2022 list as well as my PHD2022 list -- hope springs eternal, doesn't it? Maybe next post will bring you knit finishes!

Until next year, I wish you the very best holiday season and I'm looking forward to a fabulous 2022. Thank you for following me through the year, inspiring me with your projects, sharing tips you've learned along the way. I hope you found some inspiration here as well and enjoyed my posts.

I'll continue to link with Angela at SoScrappy for Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Gail at QuiltingGail for Projects Half Done, and LeeAnna at NotAfraidOfColor for I Like Thursdays in 2022!

10 comments:

  1. So nice to view your beautiful finishes. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and happy sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not have completed your PHD, but you certainly finished a wonderful variety of quilt projects. Congratulation and happy holidays to you, as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of beautiful finishes! So rewarding to look at them all, eh?
    Next year is another year, so maybe you'll get your PHD in 2022! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of finishes! And you are going to be busy over Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all of your finishes. Sounds like you have some nice plans for the new year and I look forward to following along! Merry Christmas, hope you and your family enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great year end review. So many great finishes this year. Looking forward to lots of new projects in 2022

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a productive year in your sewing room! The end of the year is a great time to look back at what we have accomplished over the past 12 months. I think it’s good to have some projects underway to take us into the new year…sort of like sourdough starter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Might not be a PhD, but it's certainly a Master's. You really got a lot done. And from the looks of the first photo, you are already all set for Valentine's Day. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that the new year will bring you happiness and more quiltiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a ton of finishes! Congratulations! I'll see you in the "classroom"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your finishes are so lovely! You've made great progress and success in 2021. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete