Thursday, December 9, 2021

I Like Thurs #58

Happy Thursday! It definitely makes for a happy day when you look back over the week and think about all the wonderful things around you. My first like would have to be my grandson Brody. He was trying on Daddy's glasses. Doesn't he look sooooo smaaaaaart!?!

Next would be how we quilters share tips and our love of quilting. Recently Katy @ KatyQuilts shared a method for easily applying binding using Elmer's Washable Glue. You can find her post HERE. I'd like to add that I also like using that glue for applique. Just a little dab will do ya! (Did I just age myself? Do you remember that jingle too?) Anyway, in order to get just a tiny dot or line, I like to use this tool that was shared to me by my friend LindaLee. You can find this applicator at JoAnn stores. It's made by Dritz and is only a few bucks.

See that tiny applicator tip? Makes VERY FINE dots or lines of glue.
Convenient lid for keeping tip clean. Just add glue! The bottle comes empty! I had a friend that also used glue for matching teeny, tiny points while piecing. Match it up perfectly, apply a dot of glue, hit it with the tiny Clover iron, and stitch it up perfectly!

As you may recall, our anniversary happened recently -- right on Thanksgiving Day this year. This week we finally celebrated with "date night". In the past, whenever there was a new James Bond movie out, we would go see it. So that's what we did this year!

I really enjoyed it. Fred did too until the next day after thinking about it. That's the problem with thinking! Hahaha! Anyway, we went to the early show on $5 Tuesday when we also got free popcorn. Afterwards we headed over to Red Lobster with gift cards to enjoy a nice dinner.

We got home around 7, just in time to turn on the TV to watch the St. Louis Blues. What an exciting game. We won in overtime! That was a triple trifecta that day -- good movie, nice dinner, wonderful hockey game!

Speaking of TV, I've been enjoying Survivor this go-round. The season finale is next week and it's shaping up to be a good one. The previews look like there will be a lot of twists & turns. Stay tuned!

I hope you can take a few moments to review all the things you've like this past week. You can also go visit LeeAnna's blog where there are several of us that share our "likes". Just go HERE!


Make it a good week!

7 comments:

  1. Good stuff. What a cutie in those glasses! I like the little glue bottle - that's such a very fine point on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a lot to LIKE this week. I enjoy reading these posts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of likes. Awe date night, so hubby dwelled on the movie overnight? LOL I love the glue too, I use it for applique, paper piecing, I have watched Mr. Domestic use it for binding too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie! Brody looks so darn cute AND smart with the addition of daddy's glasses. Oh, I am a HUGE James Bond fan. I couldn't bring myself to see this latest release. I know they 'killed' the character off - but do you think there's room for him to have gotten away? I mean, HOW on earth can they kill of James Bond?!! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I might have to break down and see it anyway. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Brady cute in dad's glasses?! I read Katy's post about using glue to hold your binding down, too. I'm going to try that sometime. Glad you got your date night in and liked the movie! Our son also said it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo a survivor fan... so it's been a whirlwind season, why are they rushing it? The finale squeezed in next week. I was kind of sorry Johnny went home this week, or to ponderosa. I need to go to the website to watch all the ponderosas for this season to see them after the vote!
    and yes that boy is sure smart! Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susie, great post. I also use glue, just a touch, to help out with applique and sashings. I've never had a problem with it. Definitely a smart looking Brody! That sounds like a great night out.

    ReplyDelete