Saturday, November 20, 2021

FNSI & a little RSC?

Happy Saturday before Thanksgiving. This time next week we'll be full of turkey sandwiches & stuffing. I hope all your plans are in place. This year the holiday falls right square on our 43rd anniversary and, yes, I'll still be cooking. After 43 years (and this coincidence has happened before already) I'm kind of used to it. I must confess that I did look into going out or picking up a pre-cooked meal at the grocery store but it didn't seem right. So next Thursday you'll find me in the kitchen cooking for Mom & Fred as usual and I'm pretty OK with that.

Last night was Friday Night Sew-In and I managed to get some time to myself. Yay! I knew what I wanted to get done so I got my fabric together.

I found the red snowflake fabric in my stash. Hope I didn't have different plans for it. Too late now! The adorable snowman fabric was a piece I picked up at Pineapple Fabrics when I met Joy @ The Joyful Quilter. I'll always think of her now when I see this fabric.
Fabric was cut and sewn together. Just needs the back handsewn down. Perfect timing because Friday is a good night for TV around here. First comes Magnum PI followed by Blue Bloods. So I stitched ... mostly on commercials! And finished! 
Ready for the back of my toilet after Thanksgiving, of course.

There was time for a little more handwork so I got out some cross stitch. The pattern is Gentle Words by La-D-Da. It started the evening like this ...

and progressed to this. Doesn't look like a whole lot but we cross stitchers know that  it's a slow process.

So that was my Friday night. A little of this, a little of that. Mostly just happily doing what I like!

Thank you to Wendy @ Sugarlane Designs for hosting FNSI. I'm linking up & sharing there with my friends. You should go too if only to see her new grandson Ryker. He's a cutie!

I'm also linking up with Angela @ So Scappy to share and see what my RSC friends have been up to as well.

Have a good weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabrics. I'll bet your home is stunning during the holidays. Our life is too chaotic right now to deal with decorating and then un-decorating. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those snowmen fabric, soooo cute!
    I also like to have something in hand for stitching or crocheting while in front of TV.
    Have a blessed week and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like great projects - happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowman print is adorable, and you've got the perfect border fabric, too! Your cross-stitch project looks so enjoyable to work on - speed doesn't matter one bit on those kinds of things, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tank topper is a great idea and the fabrics will be perfect for AFTER Thanksgiving. Happy Anniversary, by the way. I was born on Thanksgiving (ahem, a few years ago) but this year by birthday is the day after. I'll be cooking on T'giving and decorating on my big day. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary. Pretty snowflake fabric. Every stitch is a stitch closer to the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on your runner and cross stitch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable snowman runner, and such nice cross stitch! Happy Anniversary, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete