Saturday, November 6, 2021

FNwF

Thank goodness for Friday Night with Friends and thanks to Cheryll for hosting all of us again last night. It gave me the perfect excuse to play with fabric on & off all day yesterday in between loads of bedding laundry and a little grocery shopping. 

The first thing I wanted to get done sewing-wise was my guild's block of the month. Here is this month's block.

I was wondering how the blocks were looking all together since this was the fourth one offered. I like it so far!

I was also wanting to make more progress on the Autumn Jubilee 2021 quilt. I managed to get the middle finished. Instead of scrappy points, I chose to keep them consistent. Last month I'd gotten together all the maple leaf blocks too but they weren't ready to get photographed. If you're interested, you can visit Carole @ From My Carolina Home where she keeps these posts up on her blog. She offers lots of projects every Fall there. This year was a wool needle keep, a purse, embroidered little bags/pillows, and a quilted table topper. You can find the link is HERE.

In the evening I squeezed in a little knitting. Caramel Sauce Sock #2 is coming right along. It won't be long until this one is done too!

See how much fun FNwF is? Great motivation (excuse!) for spending your Friday sewing or knitting or crafting of some sort. Then we share over at Gone Stitchin'. I'm not making it up ... check it out HERE!

I'll also be linking up with Angela at So Scrappy because I haven't touched base with my fellow Rainbow Scrap Challengers in a LONG WHILE!

Have a great weekend. Here in most of the United States, we'll be enjoying an extra hour while losing Daylight Savings Time.

11 comments:

  1. I really like those blue and lime green blocks! The friendship text fabric makes a great background. I've used that before, and wish I had more! Love your AJ center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sock is just the prettiest color and texture. They will be fun to wear. You guild blocks look wonderful together. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful knitted socks, Susie. Blue and Lime blocks are looking good so far, You will make a beautiful quilt with them.And your star for Autunm Jubilee is really pretty. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects on the go, Sue!! Enjoy finishing up that beautiful sock. How many stitches do you cast on? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your blocks are lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! Love the colors in your guild quilt. Hope you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a productive day. I love how your 4 blocks are looking - lovely colour combination! The sock is a gorgeous colour and looks like a lovely design, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first four blocks look great together. Those sure are fancy socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blocks...the colours are great. Your socks look comfy too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun to sew with you for FNWF.... I love the fabrics in those blocks - they are a perfect fit for the patterns.... great sock too
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete