Thursday, November 11, 2021

I Like Thursday #55

Hi and welcome back to this week's I Like Thursday post. LeeAnna hosts this gathering at Not Afraid of Color where we like to share anything & everything good each week. Please join us!

My walks lately have been interesting. I think it's because the weather has been trying to accustom us to Winter. Early this past week we were very cold all of a sudden. I spotted this fellow across three lanes of traffic and into a farmer's field. Not a very good picture -- it was taken with my cell phone.

Here's a closer look. Mr. Wile E Coyote! If you were worried about Gracie, don't be. We were quite a distance away and Gracie was off scaring up bunnies & squirrels in the brush! Notice how frosted-over the ground is too. Brrrr! If I recall correctly, it was 28 degrees that morning as we left.
The next day as we were walking along, this cute little owl swooped down and back up into the tree. He had been looking the other way but I "tsk, tsk" like calling my kitty and he looked right at me. I've named him Hootie and we've spotted him a 2nd time now.

Yesterday we were in the 60's expecting rain & cold starting today. As a matter of fact, this weekend looks to be quite cold again! Anyway, I took advantage of the warm day by laying fertilizer at my house and then headed down to Mom's to do the same. I couldn't believe all the leaves her "little" red bud tree lost already! What a thick carpet of leaves!!

So after I raked and bagged up leaves for her Yard Waste Thursday pick-up, I got the fertilizer down. While in the backyard, look what I almost stepped on!
Look closely. Can you see him? How about now? He starts in the upper right-hand corner and his tail is clipped off in the lower left. He just laid there and at first I thought he was dead. But his head remained raised. I think he was cold enough to be quite sluggish. I left him undisturbed and wished him well eating any and all mice he could find!

I finished  the book "Later" by Stephen King. It was a different style book from him. They're categorizing it as a crime novel. I'd recommend it. You can read about it HERE.

Now I'm reading "Fool Me Once" by Harlan Corben. I've not been disappointed with any of his books and so far, so good with this one too. Read about it HERE.

On TV, we enjoyed the World Series. We liked that the Atlanta Braves won the Series especially since they had the All-Star Game taken away from this year for bogus reasons. Made it that much sweeter in our opinions.

We're also enjoying NCIS, NCIS Hawaii (mostly), Bull, and Survivor. Of course what seems to be on our house mostly is hockey since the St. Louis Blues's season has begun. They've gotten off to a really good start which makes it even more exciting to watch.

Don't forget to join the other I Like Thursday bloggers on the link in the beginning of this post. I hope you have a terrific week and also find many things to like!

5 comments:

  1. Thee are fun posts.
    You encountered some pretty amazing wildlife this week. A coyote?!?! The owl in dayight is pretty amazing as well. We enjoyed watching the World Series and was happy with the outcome. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been seeing some neat wildlife in your neighborhood! Love your photo of the fallen leaves in your mom's yard - such a pretty sight. I always like Harlan Coben, too. I'll have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. snakes can be good but they still startle and frighten me a little. Sorry to be so late, I've had a lot of physical issues this week... LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. OmGosh! That snake would have had me running. We don’t have many in town I don’t like them! I have read Harlan Cohen also! Good! I am not a Stephen King fan, but did enjoy his 11/22/63. Loved seeing the owl! Cool!

    ReplyDelete