Thursday, November 4, 2021

I Like Thurs #54

Slowly but surely I'm getting back on track again with my blog. I've not been online in quite a while due to retreat followed by a two week vacation. That is going to be my I Like Thursday focus. Sit back and I hope you enjoy the ride.

Obviously my first like would most definitely have to be retreats. There is nothing so fun as spending good times with quilty friends. Being able to get away with them for several days is nothing less than stupendous! You can read all about my good time HERE where I shared lots of pictures of projects that were worked on during that time.

Another thing that I liked was that at retreat, for the first time ever, there was a husband that attended with us. I must admit that at first I was like "Whut?" But that initial feeling quickly left as he is a quilter and that was all that mattered. He had great insights, ideas, and completed his own quilt. Since he retired, he has really produced a lot of quilts. I was so glad that he came and it was all so good.

Many of you that know me know that my best friend in all the world is my Cleveland friend, Vickie. We have known each other since 1987 when we were next door neighbor's on military base housing in Hawaii. In the 34 years that we've known each other, our lives have changed, our kids have grown up, we've become grandmothers, and through it all we've been friends.

I like knowing that my niece is comfortable in her new job. She graduated from UNC-Wilmington a year early with a degree in finance. She is now working at a bank in a position that was extended for her specifically. They have a lot of confidence in her knowledge, skills, and dependability. She celebrated with the purchase of a brand new car. Isn't it a beauty?!?

While visiting in NC, I popped into a wonderful quilt store in Archdale. The store was Pineapple Quilts and just look at this cute pineapple quilt made from selvages.
I really like meeting quilting friends and this was also a wonderful opportunity for me to meet IN PERSON my blogging friend Joy @ Joyful Quilter. I feel like we had a lot more in common than just quilting. Thanks for taking the time to come down to Archdale to meet me, Joy!!

After our time in NC, we traveled up to MD/VA to see the kids. I like that my daughter Sarah knows what I like -- wineries! In spite of chilly weather, we took the opportunity to go to Fabbioli Cellars in Leesburg VA. The tasting room was all set up for Dia de los Muertos (aka Day of the Dead) and I got a quick picture of Mom & Sarah.
This was the ceiling in the tasting room. The mini lights made the ceiling look like a beautiful tree.
Mom, Sarah, and I walked through the garden (to clear our heads after our libations) where I took a picture looking back at the venue. Lo & behold! I spied a quilt block on the back side of the building! I really liked that!
One of the main reasons we go back to MD is to see our one and only grandson. He's almost 2-1/2 so we try to get out there to see him twice a year. Just look at that kid -- resting on his best friend, Gus. Ha!
We arrived in time to celebrate Brody's parents' 6th anniversary. They got a rare night out alone while we watched Brody for them. In the meantime, we found out that they will be giving us Grandson #2 in April! We all really liked that!!!
Gus enjoys sitting outside. Goofy dog. I loved hanging out with him.
Brody wanted to go outside so Grandpa helped him get his shoes on. I like this picture.
All of us went to a local farm that was celebrating Fall Days. Brody liked feeding the goats.
We all took a breather on the swing. Here are Sarah & Amanda swinging on one side.
And here are Mom & me on the other side. I like the colorful leaves behind us.
Couldn't pass up the opportunity to get Jared & Amanda to stick their heads in the holes to say, "Yee Haw!"
And what about Sarah hanging out the nose of a pumpkin? I liked it all!
When it was time to go, we all got to take a pumpkin home. Brody picked out an extra special one!
Sarah, Mom, & I posed with the MD pelican before leaving.
Back at home, my son is a wonderful cook. I really like his smoked meat loaf and he makes it just for me every time we visit. The leftovers make wonderful sandwiches for our trip back to IL.
It's always a sad day when we have to leave to go home. We did get to enjoy Mother Nature's Autumn Beauty as we drove home through VA and WV.

I like "playing with food" as much as my son. On this day I made tortillas filled with turkey, apples, and some of my son's smoked cheddar cheese. Mom really liked it too!
Even though we were with family for Jared & Amanda's anniversary, we did miss out staying for Halloween. Just take a look at this little Cutie Convict! What a riot!
We are back to reality again and, much as I like getting away, I also like getting home again. This was sunrise the other day on my walk with Gracie. Did I mention how much I like getting my dog out of the kennel and home again?
I hope you liked my past couple of weeks. I like sharing my "Likes" with you too!

Linking up with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color. You can go HERE to see what joys others have shared!


8 comments:

  1. Great times spend with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the midatlantic. We just finished our last hoarded bottle of Boordy wine, sigh. Can't get it here. We used to work for Linganore winery in MD at festivals. You had such a good trip, so much stimulation it was like the good old days before covid. I want gus. Gus, get on the bus and come visit me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks like you had an awesome time with family and friends. Those are always the best likes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful trip and lots of good family time! The winery and the farm look especially fun. Yum on the smoked meatloaf and your son's smoked cheeses, too. I know the feeling of enjoying the trip, but it feels good to be home again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh - lots of fun photos. Those tortillas look delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is certainly a lot to LIKE here. Nothing better than those moments shared with family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susie! Number 54 - you're approaching a year of Likes!! Aww, so glad you have Vickie in your life. I have a bestie from high school which was only a year or two ago. HAHA - NOT! 1976 we graduated. So many great loves you've shared!! Thank you so much. {{Hugs}} Have a great weekend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! So many nice pictures. It looks like you had a great time with your family. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete