Wednesday, November 3, 2021

October PHD Report

I'm taking the liberty of sounding positive with the title of this post. I don't have much to share since I was gone for the last two weeks of the month but I will share what I did manage to finish/work on. First the quilty things.

I did get ALL of the applique blocks finished up for Afternoon Delight. This was the last block of forty total. Pshew! 
I also got a start on the Double 9-Patch blocks. There's a ton of these to do and will make fabulous leaders & enders. *wink*



I made progress on Twisted 2020 blocks. The blocks on the left will join the ones on the right that I finished last month.

This adorable project from Timeless Traditions was started and finished at quilt retreat this month. Score that one for me!

Now for the knitting ...
I started AND FINISHED this new hat. The pattern is called "Change Your Mind" by Joji Locatelli. You can see the details on Ravelry HERE.

Fits just right! I actually wore it this morning due to frosty temperatures on my walk this morning with Gracie. (The new header picture at the top of the post was taken this morning.)

I started knitting Caramel Sauce Socks (also by Joji Locatelli) but only got this far.

These will get finished shortly.

So what will I be working on this month?
  1. Caramel Sauce Socks - need to be finished
  2. Afternoon Delight - more Double 9-Patch blocks sewn
  3. Twisted 2020 - more blocks sewn together to make progress on the quilt center. Then a decision will need to be made on how much more to add
  4. Christmas Pillow - zippered back needs to be added along with a pillow form
  5. Timeless Traditions Fall Mat - quilted and finished
  6. Hope - let the quilting begin!
  7. Twisted 2021 - progress ... any progress ... would be good!
So there you have it. October is over for this year and November is upon us. I don't feel like I made much progress last month. I plan on changing that for this month! I hope you made lots of progress last month with lots to come in November.

Have a great month!


1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed at your quilting...your blocks are beautiful and have a ton of little pieces. I also knit but haven't done much since cross stitch has dominated my time as of late. You make me want to get my needles out again :) I'd love to know what PHD stands for.

    ReplyDelete