Friday, November 19, 2021

I Like Thurs/Fri #56

Guess I'm a little behind. I feel like the days continue to pass without much happening, quilt-wise or otherwise. Maybe I'm still trying to wrap my head around the time change? Whatever the reason, I have LeeAnna and other grateful bloggers to thank for uplifting posts. Join us HERE to find happy thoughts.

This past week our weather has fluctuated between highs in the 70s to 40s. On one of the colder days, I made chili. Mom & I added green onions and cheese. Unfortunately, what I thought was my son's delicious smoked cheddarjack was smoked horseradish cheddar! Yes, there was a little heat in the bowl! Ha! It was good but I had a leftover bowl to which I added the correct cheese. Even better!!


Last month Carole from My Carolina Home hosted her annual Autumn Jubilee. You can find the details on the button on my sidebar. I like how every year she puts together several projects to celebrate Fall.  A quilted project is always included and I finally got my top done. It's not quilted yet. I plan on getting it 100% finished for next year. In the meantime, it'll hang as is until we get the house ready for Christmas.
I've mentioned before how much I like my guild Hearts 'n' Hands. We are a very active group and the past couple of years I've been very grateful for that. This is my November BOM, the 5th of nine. I'm using mostly scraps of lime green and dark blues. We've been using 16 HSTs for each block using different settings. It's been fun so far.
I know I post a lot about Gracie because I really enjoy my morning walks with our dog. However, there is another member of our family that doesn't get enough attention. This is Polly, our kitty. I was surprised when I took her to the vet for her annual check-up to discover that she is 8 and a half years old and weighs in at nine pounds. We had her a couple of years before getting Gracie and she took to the new puppy in the house very well. I can report that Polly has never made Gracie bleed even though Gracie sniffs her in obscene places and nips at her back legs for attention. Polly is very patient as well as photogenic.
I did finish the book I was reading by Harlan Coben, "Fool Me Once". It was a very good read. Lots of twists and turns ... all the way to the end. Harlan did it again with this book.
I just checked with my library and discovered that "Troubled Blood" by Robert Galbraith is available. I plan on running down and checking it out today. It is the 5th book in the Cormoran Strike series and you can read about it HERE. In case you aren't familiar with Galbraith, that is a pseudonym for J. K. Rowling of Harry Potter fame. Whereas Harry Potter was written for young adults, the Cormoran Strike series is for adults. I've loved the first 4 and figure I'll like the 5th as well. I understand that there is a 6th one due to come out soon. The author has promised that there will seven books in this series, just like the Harry Potter series!
If you've lasted this long, I'd also like to recommend "Red Notice", a movie on Netflix. It features Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Ryan Reynolds, who was hilarious! There's plenty of action in this film and, mixed with the humor, makes this a fun movie. Highly recommend! Read about it HERE.

I think that ought to do it for this week. Hopefully I'll my mojo will return and I'll be right on time next week!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your maple leaf quilt--it is so lovely--great work...
    thanks for the book recommendations; I haven't happened to have read either author--I will check them out...
    hugs for a great weekend Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Chili looks yummy. The quilt turned out great too. The group I sewed with one year did a quilt similar to the 16 HST a month. Awe Gracie is a pretty girl. My little dog always plays with the cats, but she is a big kisser, always licking the cats in the face. But she was a couple of years old when we got the kittens, and she "mothered" them. I like Harlan Coben books.

    ReplyDelete