Thursday, October 7, 2021

I Like Thursday #53

I Like Thursday blog post #53? That number always reminds me of Randy Gradishar, a Denver Bronco professional football player from WAAAAY back. So long ago, it was before the NFL got too political for us. Oh well, I still like the number 53.

I know I sound like a broken record but Gracie & I are still enjoying the sunrises. We have more opportunity to do so since the sun doesn't come up until close to 7am now. We are already out walking by that time.

No picture but I cooked Lamb Barley Soup the other day. One word -- YUMMY! You can find the recipe HERE. It was shared to me by my local grocery store. It's easy to make with lots of cans (which I usually shy away from but it sounded too good to pass up!).

We've got a new family collage picture on the wall. The three on the left are older ones. On top is my father-in-law with all seven of his children. The middle one is all the relatives that joined in for my mother's 80th birthday eight years ago. The lower left one is a picture of my family taken 20-ish years ago. The big one on the right is my family now, taken just last May. I finally got off my duff and had it blown up. I really like how easy it is to order pictures online and then they arrive at my doorstep!

I also like how my daughter is so smart and thoughtful to order a tripod specifically to take family pictures. BONUS: It came with a clicker so we don't have to set up the camera, then someone has to hit the timer and run back into place before it goes off. That's how the lower left picture was taken! Haha! Prehistoric times!

Have you had a chance to check out Carole's Autumn Jubilee 2021 yet? We haven't started the pieced project yet but she's already shared some Fall books to read and began an embroidery project and a wool applique project. Click on the picture below to visit her blog. Gonna be fun!


As for TV this week, I am still enjoying Survivor (of course) and have recently liked Law & Order: Organized Crime. It's new. I WAS enjoying the Cardinal baseball games but that all came to an end last night when we gave up a homerun in the bottom of the 9th inning to the LA Dodgers. Our season is over but my husband reminded me that the St. Louis Blues hockey will be starting up again real soon.

Please join my I Like Thursday blogging friends over at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color, where we all share fun stuff! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment