July's Rainbow Scrap color was turquoise. I'm not much of a turquoise gal so I didn't even get one Grammy's Jewel sewn. However I did make good progress on this sweet quilt and there's plenty of turquoise in it. I'll be starting the knife-edge finish today which will be a first time for me. Life is full of learning chances, isn't it?
![]() |
| Hexi Quilt - Plenty of Turquoise! Isn't the Backing Great??!! |
My friend and I spent a 4-day weekend in Paducah recently. She had been visiting her sisters in Louisville KY so we took the opportunity to meet in the middle -- Paducah KY! We both brought our featherweights and she showed me how to oil, grease, and care for mine. Mine was "born" on January 23, 1950 so I named her Becky in honor of Fred's sister (also born in 1950) who passed away from breast cancer a while back. Anyway, my friend and I worked on this project.
Vickie also brought a project for us to work on together. The pattern is called Fabric Caddy and it's made using a 4" PVC pipe. Since I forgot to bring 2 FQs, we just had to go to Hancock's of Paducah to get some fabric! Lol!
![]() |
| My Hancock's of Paducah Haul |
![]() |
| Vickie & Me with our Caddies |
![]() |
| Note the Feels Like of 117F! |
Today we've got rain (like yesterday) and our high temperature is projected for 72F. What a delightful difference. Don't worry -- summer is still here and we'll be back to around 90F by the end of the week.







No comments:
Post a Comment