Thursday, November 17, 2016

FNSI, Gloves, and Candy Buttons!

Happy Thursday! One week until Thanksgiving. I hope you have been busy planning your dinner and getting ready to be with family and/or friends. My daughter arrives Saturday evening from Virginia and I AM EXCITED! Love her so much!

With all the business of preparing for her arrival, my upcoming BCC Mohs surgery on the day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving itself, and then my 38th wedding anniversary the day after Thanksgiving, it's a wonder I can remember my name!!! So let's move right along now....

Tomorrow night is Friday Night Sew-In and I'm ready! I actually have a couple of pillowcases ready to sew and two table runners marked and ready to complete! My stars! Where has the "real me" gone??? Hahaha! Anyway, don't forget to sign up and have fun tomorrow night. My last check showed 23 of us all set to go! It's a great excuse to have some "ME" time!!


Lately, I've been busy knitting up a storm. I finished my gloves for Loopy Academy. They really were not that hard but you do need to pay attention ... OK, so that part was hard! I made them in this really funky color but, trust me on this, they look great with my pink jacket!

As for the other two projects for my Junior Year 1st Semester at LA, my socks are done except for the bobbles, which are a requirement. We also have to knit a toy. I've got it picked out but am waiting on yarn to arrive at The Loopy Ewe. They said it would be here in the Fall but I'm starting to wonder if it'll be here in time for me to finish by the December 15th deadline ... I'll post pictures of both when they're done.

Of course I couldn't let it rest at that. I joined in on a Laura Aylor Knit-A-Long. Actually it's my 2nd. The first, a mystery shawl, is done with the exception of the outside border. As for the Cowl KAL, we are to knit two of her cowl patterns by November 30 and we'll get a brand new pattern of hers FREE! I've got the first one done except for weaving in the ends and the 2nd one has been started -- barely, but it is started! I'll share pictures of these also when completed!






I thought I'd also share a picture of my kitty quilt. Ta! Da! Finished!!! Doesn't it look great draped over my new glider/recliner? I can't wait to snuggle in it this winter! And, by the way, that's another APQ 2016 UFO Challenge project F.I.N.I.S.H.E.D!!! Woo! Hoo!







Recently I talked my husband into a beautiful autumn drive to Shelbyville. It takes just under 2 hours to get there but there is a quilt store that was featured in Quilt Sampler magazine that I wanted to check out. I found an adorable table runner pattern there but I had to buy a kit to get the pattern. I didn't understand that until I got into it -- it's their very own pattern and it's called "Candy Buttons" ... like the old-time dot candies on the paper! Remember those??? Anyway I stitched mine up lickety-split and loved it so much I'm making four more! The kit I picked out used Deb Strain's Welcome Fall fabric line by Moda. My LQS didn't have the Candy Packs, only the Charm Pack so I MUST make four to use them up! How do you like my rationale??!! I'll be giving these away as Christmas gifts and/or Thank You gifts.  I love the richness of these colors. Bought extra yardage too because I'm envisioning a Maple Leaf quilt done with these fabrics! Maybe next year!!!

This post has gone on long enough. Time to order my fresh turkey for the holiday and make up a fresh bed! Have a safe holiday, especially if you're traveling! 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finishes! They're fantastic! & good luck with that surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the kitty quilt! And how awesome is your table runner - especially the photo with the leaves! Absolutely gorgeous. Good luck with surgery and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete