Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Coming Right Along ....

... just not very quickly. I suppose I should be happily stitching but I'm sensing the end of this Mosaics project.  Besides I love the applique part of EPP so much more than the stitching them all together. Oh well, I suppose one must have a little rain to appreciate the sunshine.

I went from this photo on the left of the diamonds laid side by side to the photo on the right of the diamonds tacked together.

This morning I woke up around 2am with the awful feeling that I didn't have enough of my background fabric for the diamond borders plus the cornerstone hexie globules. That's what I call them anyway. I guess it would be nicer to call them the large clusters. Anyway, after tossing & turning for a bit, I went to my sewing space and measured. Sure enough, not enough. Then I looked at the pattern and saw that the borders weren't as long as I was thinking. Hooray! I have enough fabric. I believe I actually have JUST ENOUGH FABRIC! Pshew!

So what did I do? Do you think I started cutting the borders so I could get right on to appliqueing those diamonds? Nope!!! I had actually started sewing on the first borders of my APQ 2018 UFO Challenge yesterday afternoon! I know! Who would have guessed! I had gotten started while doing laundry but got interrupted while sewing on the second border due to Jeopardy coming on. I ♥ Jeopardy!

So anyhow, I now have 3 whole borders sewn on Blowin' In the Wind and the last side pinned. Again, why did I stop? Because I could hear the 4:30am alarm going off for Husband to get up for work. Another stopping point to go make his lunch and scoot him out the door. But that's OK ... this quilt top is close to done and is at a point that's so easy to pick up and finally finish it off.

Linking up with Anthea for Piece Yourself Together at Hibiscus Stitches. You should check out the itty-bitty hexies she's working with. I'd need stronger glasses, I'm afraid!

Sew on!


No comments:

Post a Comment