Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April Recap

Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt: One night in March I couldn't sleep so I decided to cut fabrics for several of these blocks. After cutting seven kits, I've since then sewn up six with the seventh (#28 - Dolly) in progress as of today. Here's a look at my pile of kits:

Here's a look at the blocks I got done in April or earlier (marked with an *) when I first started this project a few years ago. I believe #18 - Carol was the last block posted:
#19 - Carolina

#20 - Caroline*
#21 - Carrie
#22 - Cat

#23 - Charlotte*

#24 - Coral*
#25 - Crystal
#26 - Daffodil*
#27 - Dinah

#29 - Doris
Angie of GnomeAngel is the fearless leader of this quilt-a-long. Our goal is two blocks per week. There are a total of 99 blocks so we should have this top finished by the end of the year if we keep up. That is totally my goal. She has a Facebook page where she keeps us on track and she has Blocks 27-35 were to be done in April and Blocks 36-43 for May. As you can clearly see I'm a little behind but I'll catch up ... I hope.

APQ 2018 UFO Challenge: Try not to fall over but .... I got my borders on! April's chosen number happened to be my 2nd & final Float Month so in all honesty it took me two months to get this one to the finish line. Still not sure how I'll quilt it, several ideas swirling in the gray matter.
Ta-Da! Blowin' In the Wind Completed
The number chosen for May was 6 which coincides with Big Gold Star. It is a completely pieced large wall hanging. I pulled it out of its bin and discovered that it's actual name is Miss Millie's Mystery! I did remember that it was another mystery quilt run by Rosemary's Quilt Shop but I'd totally forgotten the name. If you recall Blowin' In the Wind was also a mystery quilt from Rosemary's. Love me a good mystery!!! Anyway, here's a picture of the Big Gold Star top. Let the quilting begin!
My knitting hasn't really been inspiring me lately. I'm still working on Rocio. I've got the body done and a good start on the first sleeve. I really should get working on it because I have a May 31 deadline plus anything using Brioche Stitch. I've got a hat pattern that I plan on using. Knit, Sue! Knit!!!!

My favorite take-a-long project right now is still Mosaics. I'm appliqueing down the first outer border. So easy, so mindless. I can talk and/or watch TV while I'm working on it making it my go-to project.

Spring has officially sprung here it seems and the gardens & yard need attention. Here are a few pictures from my morning's work.

My beautiful Olga Azalea with gigantic, chartreuse hosta.
Ugly ladder in background been laying there & never
touched for over a year. It's gotta go!

Give this woman a drill & a ladder. Hooks in
place and ladder up off the ground.Good job!

This post ended up being pretty long so I'll end it for now. Enjoy your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment