Sunday, July 8, 2018

Forward Progress

Wow! July 8th. Missed posting last week since I was out of town and didn't take my laptop. I was in NJ to see my cousin's daughter get married.
NYC Skyline as Seen from the  Newark NJ Runway
It was a beautiful wedding ...
My handsome cousin walking the
beautiful bride down the aisle

and possibly the BEST reception I've ever attended.
First Dance as Mr. & Mrs.
I traveled with my mother. We usually drive when we vacation but this was a quick trip so we flew and rented a car on arrival. Here's Mom & me on the plane, ready for takeoff.
See my glasses? They broke the next day. The frame was broken when I pulled it out of the case. How did this happen? Who knows but Clarkson Eye Care is graciously replacing them for me. While in NJ I used a band-aid cut in half lengthwise to hold the arm on. It wasn't too terribly noticeable. Thankfully I had a spare pair at home that I'm wearing now. So much travel fun!

So what have I been up to lately? Got the third border of Mosaics 100% appliqued down. What a great sew-in-the-hotel project! 

It is Polly approved! Or what the heck? .... Bad kitty! Lol!
I'm still working on the quilting of Miss Millie's Mystery quilt. The ditch-quilting is done and I'm ready to start the fun of FMQ. I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do and that's half the battle.

I hope you had a good 4th of July week. I've been pretty much planted in front of the TV watching Wimbledon. Love a good tennis match! Bye for now!

Will be linking up with Hibiscus Stitches @ Piece Yourself Together and Em's Scrapbag @ Moving It Forward Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment