Thursday, May 26, 2022

I Like Thurs #73

It's time for another Thursday of sharing our likes with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color. Go ahead and pop on over to her site to see other happy thoughts & useful ideas.

On a book note, I finished Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney. Whew! What a fun, quick book! If you like old-timey mysteries with a lot of twists and OMGs, you should check this one out. I hope they make a movie of this one because it would be good!


So in the meantime I started Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koryta. It was on my reading list, I like the author, and I thought Mom had already read it & liked it. Turns out she hasn't read it but I told her it should be next on her list.  Oh boy! Is this a scary, shake-in-your-boots book. It's an older novel (2014, I think) so I picked it before the library took it away. Wowser! If you don't feel like sleeping at night because you're scared, the bad boys in this book will absolutely keep you awake! Read about it HERE.


A neighbor has planted pretty plants on the hill behind him. The hill faces the walking trail and it's always nice to see what is blooming during different times of the year. I've never heard of a yellow peony but there was one blooming the other day on his hill.


We've been enjoying play-off hockey lately. We will really enjoy it if the St. Louis Blues continue to win. It's a rough road for them as they are playing one of the top-notch teams, the Colorado Avalanche.

We're also enjoying the tennis. Roland Garros started this week so we're pretty sports heavy lately. Between the hockey, tennis, and of course the St. Louis Cardinals baseball, our TV doesn't get much rest! ha!

This week I made Sour Cream Lemon Cake. It was super simple and delicious. Unfortunately I don't know where I got the recipe so I can't share it with you. I'm thinking maybe from Carole @ From My Carolina Home but I'm really not sure. I just can't believe that I didn't document where I got it!

This past week I finished the socks I started on vacation. They were designed by Very Busy Monkey and they are called Phoenix Rising. They are soft & squishy and they're beautiful!


Of course I must include a couple pictures of my grandsons.

Jacob after his bath. Look at that hair!! Haha!

Big brother Brody holding his little brother Jacob

Brody discovering what a playground is all about

And that concludes my past week. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the COVID tunnel. It's been pretty dark but we've almost made it out. I hope you are having a good week and I hope to catch you right here next week!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendations. Looks as though Brody has a new role: big brother and babysitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that baby bird hair!!!! the cake sounds terrific and I will check out that book! I like fun quick mysteries
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandsons are cute! Sour Cream Lemon Cake sounds delicious. That Koryta book certainly looks like a page turner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the littles are very cute. The yellow peony is amazing. I hate it when I have a recipe, and I don't remember where I got it, or worse yet, saw one, but didn't print it out, then forgot when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie! Oh, look at the sweet little Jacob in Brody's arms. How heartwarming is that?!! Just the kind of thing we need to see this week. Ooh, that book sound like one I'd better read. It makes me nervous just thinking about it but I like a good scary book now and then. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete