Thursday, May 12, 2022

I Like Thursday #72

Today's post is being written a little early in order to make sure I get an I Like Thursday post out. I like participating in these posts because they are all positive things and they lift me up. Hopefully my post will do the same for you. You can see other I Like Thursday posts at Not Afraid of Color. Just click HERE

In the meantime, I'll start by saying that I enjoyed the company down at my brother's house. My niece graduated last weekend from NC State (Go Wolfpack!) with her degree in Agricultural Entrepreneurship. We attended her departmental graduation on Friday and the entire class graduation on Saturday at PNC Arena (home of the Carolina Hurricanes NHL team). We had so much fun because it's all about FAMILY! Big doings, for sure!

Departmental Graduation

All the family at Class Graduation



After 4 years, let us eat cake!!

The Kentucky Derby ran after graduation. Mom & I brought our derby hats!

I'd like to add here that my brother is a wonderful cook and his wife is a terrific assistant in the kitchen. We arrived at their home on Cinco de Mayo and I asked for a Mexican dinner much like last year. My brother took it to the next level. So delicious!

Tacos with homegrown lettuce, avocado, homemade black bean & corn salad,
homemade pico de gallo, and (of course) margaritas! Ole!

And since I seem to be going backwards with this post, I'll add that we stopped in Knoxville TN on our way to NC. We had a short but wonderful visit with my BFF since 1987 at her new-to-her home. A 2-hour stop was just way too short!

I did manage to finish reading "Finding Freedom". It was certainly an interesting read and I imagine it was a cathartic book for Erin French, the author, to write. In the meantime, I started reading "Rock Paper Scissors" by Alice Feeney. I am having a hard time putting this book down!!! It started off a little bit weird but picked up quickly. It feels like an old-time scary movie!

To read what it's about from Goodreads, click HERE.

Next stop was north to Maryland to meet Jacob, our new grandson, and to catch up with Brody, our eldest grandson. Looks like Sadie likes the equipment that accompanies babies!


This picture says it all!!

We hope that you have a chance to celebrate any and all the little things in your life. Take a moment for gratitude and have a great week!

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susie! I find our Thursday posts uplifting, too. It's fun to gather all the positive things for the week - it makes me much more aware of all the goodness around us. Kelli's graduation looks like it was fun - what a nice family gathering. It is all about family! Yum, yum, yum to all the Cinco de Mayo food - it all looks delicious. Sadie in the car seat is just a hoot!! What a sweet picture of you holding sweet baby Jacob. Another priceless goodness! Happy Thursday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Derby hats. So many fun pics that made me smile. Your Cinco de Mayo meal looks delicious! Congrats on the new grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun celebrations with your family! Meeting your new grandson is just the icing on the cake! So nice to have good cooks in the family too
    Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great things happening in the post. Congratulations to the graduate, and what a sweet baby. Also there is nothing better than meeting up with an old friend, there never seems to be enough time. Oh and your Cinco De Mayo meal looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete