Thursday, October 6, 2022

I Like Thursday #92

Many thanks to LeeAnna for reminding all of us to share things that we've liked over the past week. If you'll hop on over to her blog Not Afraid of Color, you can see a lot of fun things. Then pop back here to see what I've got this week.

My first LIKE has to be these two. Polly (kitty) was just patting Gracie (dog) playfully, of course. Gracie is just never too sure about Polly and if the play might turn into something less friendly. Ha!


Now that it's October, I decided to bring Fall in by making pumpkin pancakes last weekend. Of course they needed to be served with a side of bacon and a nice cup of joe. Doesn't the placemat let you know that it's Fall also? I made four of these many years ago and decided it was time to actually use them!
My son lives in Maryland and was sad to say that it had been about three weeks since he'd seen a hummingbird. Later I saw one on our feeder. I've actually seen at least one the last couple of days. I'm not sure if there are a few or if it's the same one I continue to see. I wonder if my son's disappeared due to Hurricane Ian. The weather in the DC area sure went to pot lately.
Someone is getting ready for Halloween. Brody has been crazy for dinosaurs lately.
I think Brody is explaining to Jacob about Jurassic Park where dinosaurs rule! Jacob believes everything his big brother tells him. He's so fascinating.
 
I've been very happy to watch Survivor again this week and this house is looking forward to Blue Bloods starting this week. We're very proud of our Cardinals baseball team and look forward to watching the playoffs. Cardinals vs Phillies this Friday afternoon!

In case you missed it, I finished my Autumn Jubilee 2021 quilt. Every year Carole at From My Carolina Home shares quilts, books, food recipes, tablescapes, wool projects, stamping projects, and more to celebrate the arrival of Autumn. I have a button on my sidebar that will take you to her post that is all about the start to her Autumn Jubilee 2022 wool project. It looks very Fall! There you will also find  information about prizes and rules & regulations. Not much is required and you can't win if you don't visit her blog.

My Autumn Jubilee 2021 quilt is seen below. You can find more about this quilt (and see more pictures, of course!) if you click HERE. It was fun to make and Carole's directions were spot-on.


So that's my LIKES this week! I probably won't have a post next week because I'll be on retreat with best friend and lots of other quilters. You can believe I'm going to LIKE that! *wink*

10 comments:

  1. Gracie does have a look on her face that says, "What's this cat going to do next?" Lol! Your pumpkin pancakes look and sound delicious. Cute grand boys - of course Jacob is fascinated by big brother! Looking forward to seeing what Carole's quilt project for AJ will be this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Gracie is giving Polly the side eye in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a pumpkin doughnut today. Yum! Love that dinosaur costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie, lots of great likes... that is a beautiful autumn quilt you made for the jubilee. Delicious looking meal. The grandsons are so cute. Haven't seen a hummingbird here for a while now. Hope they haven't been affected by all the wild weather systems lately. Anyway, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love survivor this season!!! although I watch Rob has a podcast who talks about it ( he and his cohosts were on survivor) and he said today, all cast offs have been women... sadly
    I enjoyed all your likes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie! Oh, that sweetheart in the dinosaur costume!! How adorable is that?! My littles have been quite interested in Halloween costumes this year. Maybe it has something to do with Dominic starting 4K school. He wants to be the Flash, and Addison wants to be Anna from Frozen with Olaf portrayed by her younger brother. Your quilt turned out just lovely. What a great header photo and the quilting looks superb. Enjoy the weekend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A retreat with your quilty friends sounds wonderful! A friend and I have one lined up in November. We always get lots done and the break in our normally busy lives is welcome! Your grandkids are so cute. I made my daughter a dinosaur costume one year when she was little. Great quilt for this time of year! Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful. It definitely says Fall to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumpkin pancakes sound yummy. Your Autumn Jubilee quilt is yummier. But the picture of Brody explaining to Jacob and Jacob listening in rapt attention is the best!!! Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete