Saturday, April 1, 2023

March Wrap-Up!

Rainbow Scrap Challenge was pretty much a bust this month. I'm sure Angela, our leader and role model, will understand. She always reminds us that this is our hobby and there is no pressure. She merely serves as our coordinator. I just didn't want any green pineapples, even though they are more realistic than my pink ones! Haha!

However, I did finish "Good Luck", a design by Kathy Schmitz. There's plenty of green there!

So what kind of progress was made this month? I actually do have a finish!! If you remember, I rescued a stamped cross-stitch baby quilt years ago. I think it was called Noah's Ark. The lion in the upper left corner had been about 90% finished and the rest was not. Whoever started it had bought all the DMC that was listed on the back -- tons of skeins!

I worked on this for about 18 months off and on. I surprised myself by how much I enjoyed working on it. With the top done, it was time to get it quilted & bound.


Noah's Ark
Stamped Cross-Stitch

A Peek at the Back

I love the blue gingham I used for the binding. I think it adds a sweet touch. Now for a look at some of the quilting which was done on my domestic sewing machine.

Zebra & Kitty
(I outlined all the animals
and added a few extra lines of detail)

Ark & Sun
(I love how the roof looks shingled
and I tried my hand at paisley for the cloud
below the sun)

Quilted Borders
All in all, I think it turned out pretty cute. It needs a washing and then will be donated probably to Linus Quilts through my guild.

So that was good. Anything else, Sue? Actually yes ...

Awesome Land is now a Top!

Completed a Pair of Socks

EPP Sampler has Progressed

Uptown March Block Completed
Not a bad month after all. There were a few start-ups that will need to be finished up in April -- a couple of Chubby Charmer Totes, Oh My Strippy Stars, and I'll continue working on Quadrille BOM as well. That's enough on my plate for April, especially considering I'll be doing quite a bit of traveling the 2nd half of the month.

Thanks goes to Carole @ From My Carolina Home for the Strippy Stars and Quadrille projects. Thanks also goes to Angela @ SoScappy for keeping us on track with Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and thanks goes to Gail @ Quilting Gail for helping us focus on our UFOs through the Projects Half Done (PHD). I'll be linking up and sharing at all three!

Don't be a fool -- it's April Fools Day! Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... you had a ton of finishes! Congrats! Love the Good Luck wallhanging! And the Noah's Ark animals are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Noah's Ark quilt is sweet as can be! Someone us really going to love it. The EPP block is impressive! I like that shape, but have never worked with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go, Sue!! No GREEN Pineapples, but bits of it in the rest of your projects. Congrats on finishing up Noah's Ark! That will make a sweet donation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve a round of applause for all you have accomplished this week. Not to mention at how you excel at embrace so many handcrafts, such as knitting and embroidery. Each project a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Noah’s Ark quilt! I did one similar for my youngest granddaughter! She’ll be 30 in May! ( How can that be?) Love all your other projects in the works! Especially fun to see the finished socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks! Great work on all your projects, the cross stitch quilt is so pretty and your Awesome Land top is lovely and colourful. Good luck with your April list. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noah’s ark turned out great! Sure to be loved by whoever receives it! My grandmother used to do a lot of stamped cross stitch quilts. She made us one with acorns and oak leaves as a wedding gift. Those are very nifty socks! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a lot! Noah's Ark is so lovely, I bet you are so p,eased you rescued and finished it. And those are rather fancy socks too! Its Autumn here in New Zealand so almost getting cool enough to start wearing wooly socks and longer trousers. Just as well I've got some nice warm hand knitted socks ready for the coo,er weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome projects and progress for March, Susie. I stitched a similar stamped cross stitch project years ago of a baby in a crib for a friend, not nearly as large as your lovely Noah's Ark. Love the socks and your quilt top too. How great to finish your Kathy embroidery too. All lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You accomplished quite a bit in March. I look forward to following your progress in April.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had some nice finishes - your baby quilt is just adorable, and the quilting on it looks great. Love your socks! The EPP sampler is impressive. Awesome Land is so pretty! Hope you enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete