Thursday, March 30, 2023

I Like Thursday #112

Welcome back to another I Like Thursday post. LeeAnna keeps track of all the I Like Thurs posts right HERE. Bet you find something interesting, funny, or just plain old good there!

The crew here did a portion of the Metro-East Shop Hop yesterday. After hitting a couple of shops, we needed nourishment and I chose the brand-new Sugarfire 55 in Arnold MO, where there was a very nice shop. We have a Sugarfire near us in IL but we've never been. Besides I choose new! Ha!


Mom enjoying her ribs at Sugarfire

My tray of brisket, slaw, and jalapeno augratin

I'm still enjoying "Survivor". I can't believe that Jaime is still sitting out on all the challenges. When will they catch on?? And Carolyn? What a weirdo. She can exit anytime too as far as I'm concerned. Ha!

This house is looking forward to the start of Cardinal season. The Blues are totally out of any playoff picture and it's time to think RED around here!!

"Dream Town" is just about over both in pages to read and library borrow-time. I thought I knew how it was going to end but it just took another twist. I better get to finishing it since it expires around 1:30 today. Of course, I usually manage a couple bonus days on my Nook but I try not to push it.

My neighbor moved away last Spring but came back for a visit. Her daughter has given her her first grandbaby. We enjoyed some wine that Sarah sent to me a while back. It was Pear Wine from her favorite vineyard, Fabbioli, in Leesburg VA. She had recommended it as a deck-sitting wine and it was!

Beautiful day even with a bit of wind

My son is always showing off how wonderful his steak turns out when cooking it first sous vide, then grilled. I've cooked pork chops that way and they ALWAYS turn out good so I decided to try a page from his book. Oh my! Was that steak delicious!! We all liked!

Sous Vide Strip Steak, Taters on the Grill, and Sauteed Asparagus
YUM!

Perfectly cooked!

You know Gracie and I always enjoy beautiful sunrises. Yesterday's was no exception. I'll leave you to meditate on these pictures I caught with the lightly frosted field and sun coming up over the trees.

Do you see Gracie?

Have a wonderful Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. The food pics had my mouth watering LOL. Your Mom looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great photos, Susie, esp. of the happy faces enjoying themselves. What great outings/get togethers. My son-in-law also got us into sous vide cooking so I do any meats that way now, esp. steak. It does keep it very tender. At a hotel once I had oatmeal for breakfast that was delicious and was told they sous vide it and it doesn't dry out that way. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to try a new restaurant - it looks like there's a Sugarfire just down I-25 a ways from us. Your steak looks yummy, too! Beautiful sunrise photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that steak and taters looks amazing! Beautiful sunrise photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit I got a rush of jealousy over VA wines... I loved them when we lived in the area and miss so many of them. Send a case of the pear wine please.... of course it wouldn't be okay with the state but I can dream. Love serving your lunch on baking trays! I always used to laugh at SNL joke of "trough and brew" where customers bellied up to long troughs for dinner. Can't you just see the family doing that!! lol or am I a weirdo too? I enjoy some weirdness so Carolyn is not bothering me as much. I am LOVING this season of Survivor and sad shoulder guy had to leave... but he was showboating on that rock. Hard lesson.
    I'll check out that book
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from New Zealand, I just found your blog via a Pinterest link. You are a very inspiring quilter. No guilt about UFOs! Great reading!

    ReplyDelete