Thursday, March 9, 2023

I Like Thursday #109

It's Thursday and you know what that means -- I'll be sharing things I've liked from the past week. Others will join me and we share amongst ourselves. You're invited to check it out too! Just CLICK HERE!

To begin, things are beginning to bloom around here inside and out.

Inside: Spider Wort

Outside: Lenten Rose

At Mom's: Day Lilies Coming Back After the Big Burn

We've had quite a bit of rain of late. I got to wear my new boots to walk Gracie one morning.

New Rain Boots and Pink Hyacinths

"Survivor" topped my list for TV watching this week. Right up there also was "Blue Bloods" -- love watching NEW episodes!

I finished my book "Murder in the Secret Garden". It was a nice read. Later today I'll be downloading "Dream Town", a David Baldacci book that I put on hold months ago and my name has finally come up.

This past week once again had me running a lot with P/T for Mom, hair appt for Mom, and an additional appt for Mom's bone scan. There was nothing going on Wednesday so I declared it a "stay at home" day and I managed to sit at my sewing machine for a few hours. Now that's a true LIKE!

I'll leave you with a quote I read from the Secret Garden book. The quote was from Rumi's poem "Buoyancy". I really liked it too.

"A mountain keeps an echo deep inside itself."

Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. We are still well covered in snow so your flowers look amazing! Yes, to Blue Bloods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blooms are looking very nice in your neck of the woods. Love those rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for things blooming! Those boots look very cute. Glad you got some sewing time yesterday - that's good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie! Ooh, spiffy new boots and hyacinths, too! Now that's a true sign of Spring. Oh, I love David Baldacci, too. I've got that book on hold at the library - my number has a long way to go before it comes up! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Spider Wort is so pretty and so glad the lilies are coming back. You have had a busy week; so glad to hear you got to spend a day in the quilt room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great likes, Susie including those spiffy new boots. What a treat for these eyes to see dirt and growing things!

    ReplyDelete