Thursday, March 2, 2023

February PHD Report = 2 Finishes!

Although it doesn't appear that I'm trying very hard, I really am trying to finish up quilts that I've started in the past. I have to admit that I've added 5 projects this month that will have to be finished now. Oh my! Story of my life! Here's my PHD chart that is supposed to be keeping me on track. You can see that there was nothing finished in the UFO (UnFinished Object) List and yet a few were started in February.

Let's begin with what I did finish this month. When I went on retreat in February, I made a Chubby Charmer bag. A lot of my guild friend liked theirs, some so much that they have several. This was also the pattern that I used for my daughter's Christmas gift. The pattern requires a Charm Pack and 1-1/2' of fabric. I knew I had a Charm Pack gifted to me from my BFF a long time ago that I figured would be perfect for mine. Earlier I'd been to a LQS and found a compatible fabric for $6/yd so I had that plus I liked the idea of using webbing for the handles. Here's my new bag!

One Side

The Other Side

The other finish is my Twister Heart wall hanging. It finished at 18" square and is definitely quite pink!

Ta! Da!

A bit of the quilting

My starts (but not finished) for this month are Shamrock Pillow, Quadrille QAL, and Good Luck wall hanging.

 Shamrock Pillow
12 of 16 Hearts Ready for Fusing

Quadrille QAL
Oodles of HSTs in the Making

Good Luck Wall Hanging
Ready for Quilting

Not too bad for a short month but I better start looking at the UFO List and get a dent made there!

Checking in with Quilting Gail and the others HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I can certainly feel your pain, starting new projects. But isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first few sentences could be/are the story of my life, too! But it's all for fun, right?! Love your Good Luck project - such pretty greens. The tote and your Twister Heart are both lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete