Thursday, March 16, 2023

I Like Thursday #110

Come join me on a stroll to see what I liked (and maybe didn't) this week. There are a group of us that share positive happenings in our week each Thursday and it's bound to be interesting. Join us at LeeAnna's blog HERE.

My week started out good. I finished a St. Patrick's wall hanging. It's showing off in the header today.

I have to say that the weather hasn't been all that nice around here for much of the past week. Old Man Winter returned with icy blasts. Here are screenshots from Monday's, Tuesday's, and Wednesday's walk. Although I didn't particularly care for the cold after being teased earlier with warmer temps, Gracie loved it! So there is a LIKE there!



Since I finished knitting my socks last week, I didn't have something ready to grab & work on during Mom's P/T on Tuesday. The sun was shining so I made my way to her house and trimmed up the bushes. Thankfully the yard waste had been picked up from last week so I refilled the can. I didn't take a picture of the hydrangea bush, but doesn't the front look nice now? I even found a couple of hyacinths trying to bloom! So pretty!


On the way home I noticed my neighbor's beautiful tree in bloom with a lovely blue sky. Photo op! Usually by this time we've had a heavy rain which knocks the flowers to the ground. Not this year ... yet.

Pi day (3/14) was celebrated here with a pumpkin pie, hubby's favorite. Of course I'd've preferred chocolate cream! Haha!

I had English Paper Piecing Club on Wednesday. We did a block full of hearts last month and this month we'll be making a Lucy Boston block. The five at the top of the photo are the heart blocks shown at show 'n' tell. That's mine with the blue frame. The bottom two are teacher's samples of the Lucy Boston block. We'll see how that one goes for me.

As for new recipes, nothing super exciting. I made a pork tenderloin with mustard sauce that was good.

TV watching continues to be the same -- Survivor & Blue Bloods. Of course we won't get BB for a while since March Madness has begun on CBS Friday nights. UGH! We watched some of the Oscars. They were OK but not a big fan of Jimmy Kimmel. I'm reading "Dream Town" by David Baldacci. It's the third in the series of Aloysius Archer. I like the character and it's written kinda 50's gumshoe style.
Read about it HERE

That's about it for this week It's getting dark here so I guess it's going to rain just as the weather folks predicted. Who knew?!?! I'll leave you with this sign I saw a long time ago in an NC State Ladies Restroom. I think we should keep this in mind as we celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Friday!

I hope you get your Irish on and enjoy corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, and carrots over the weekend. I'll be making Irish Soda Bread too! Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. You and Gracie had some really cool temps for a walk. Your Mom's shrubs look nice. I love hydrangeas and finally live in a place where they are abundant. I do not possess the skillset nor patience for hexies but I sure like the looks of them. Enjoy your Irish vittles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather whiplash we call that around here, and we're having it, too. 68 and lovely yesterday, but in the 30s and windy today! I love your pretty green project - it makes a great header photo. The EPP club sounds like fun, too! I'd enjoy trying some different EPP shapes besides hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie! Gosh, what a cute mailbox - it's just perfect for the holiday. I love watching Survivor, too. It seemed fitting that last night's person voted out hasn't participated in the competitions so far. Your pumpkin pie looks yummy. I missed making a pie for Pi day but maybe I'll make up for that this weekend. I work from home tomorrow, and I have some apple pie filling from last fall ready to go. Why not?!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie wow you have been busy ,love the look of the pumpkin pie I have never tasted one but it sure looks yummy ,hope you have a lovely day ,it’s a scorcher here 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a darling header photo! I'm sure your precious Mama appreciates you kind efforts. Beautiful EPP blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your St. Patrick's wall hanging. Your pork tenderloin sounds good - I love it but always forget to buy it when we are in the meat department. I saw the most delicious looking recipe on Instagram for corned beef and cabbage fry. I couldn't make it in our house though because Hubs only likes cabbage raw in slaw - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susie, great likes. How wonderful to help clear your Mom's yard and it did look trimmed. Lovely tree in bloom. Great that you note Pi day with a pie. Lovely blocks too and I've had my eye on the Lucy block forever. That message is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh - good pie. We didn't celebrate, but it's been fun to see all the people who have. :-) That Lucy Boston block is really cute. And versatile. We did our corned beef last night. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh, no bottles in the toilet? oh and don't blow dry your hair in the shower. The spruced up yard does look really nice.

    ReplyDelete