Saturday, March 18, 2023

Not a Whole Lot to Share

Hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day. Mom didn't want to give up her Fish Friday so we're doing Corned Beef & Cabbage, potatoes, and carrots for dinner tonight. Right now I've The Barefoot Contessa's Irish Soda Bread in the oven and it sure smells good. I'll keep you posted on how that tasted!

As for green fabrics this week, it was slim. I started the March applique block for the Uptown BOM. Look! There's some green ...


There's been quite a bit of time for on-the-go stitching this week. I got started on the Lucy Boston EPP block for March. There's a bit of green with the birds, I think. The Karen Kay Buckley scissors definitely have green handles!

No green seen on my free-motion quilting but at least a little more progress was made this week.

I hope you have a good weekend. We're going to be cold with a high only in the 30s. There was a 9 degree wind chill on the morning walk. Gracie didn't mind, of course.


Have a great weekend. I'll be holed up, hopefully getting a little sewing squeezed in plus I have a Zoom The Applique Society meeting this afternoon.

Linking up with Angela @ SoScrappy.

5 comments:

  1. Your corned beef dinner with homemade bread sounds yummy! Love your Lucy Boston blocks, too. Hope it warms up for you - it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather app looks pretty much like mine (in SD) today. It's cold but sunny, with a fresh layer of new snow. Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your EPP project caught my eye. I'm so used to seeing hexies with equal sides. The side length variation feels fresh and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some nice stitchy progress last week. Can't wait to hear about your bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol Fish on Friday sounds awfully yummy!!! But so does corn beef for dinner. I hope the Irish soda bread turned out well. What a darling block you are working on. Your EPP is looking great too. Have a great week, Susie. Love your new header photo too.

    ReplyDelete