Saturday, March 4, 2023

March FNwF and RSC Green

It was Friday Night Sew-In with the gals last night. My day started with getting Mom to her hairdresser and surviving the horrible rain & wind. Why do we have such bad weather every Friday when we take Mom to the beauty parlor?? I took along my latest EPP hand project to work on while she got gussied up. We then continued to dodge the rain as we ran a couple errands afterwards. After making it home safely but leaving everything in the car, I talked with my sister for a couple of hours. Finally the rain let up so I could run to the car and bring in the groceries, clothing, and my stitching. After dinner, it was time to give my brother a birthday call and then settle in for Blue Bloods on TV. During the show I continued to get a little more stitching in. Here's my English Paper Piecing project so far. Man, are the pieces TINY!!! The white triangles are only 1" on the sides.

One completed unit

Another one in the makings

Angela of Rainbow Scrap Challenge has announced that GREEN will be the color for March. Great motivation for me to finish off both of my St. Patty's Day decorations -- the Good Luck wall hanging and the Shamrock Pillow!

In the meantime, there has been no progress in either of those nor the Quadrille QAL. Best get moving. Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. We've had that weekly nasty weather thing going on here, too - only it's on Thursday which is my mom's hair day! We must send it on to you after that. Your EPP triangles are cute! How many do you need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Progress on your EPP and a plan for GREEN month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such tiny little pieces in your block, whew, much too small for me to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie loveing your EPP pieces,well done on your beautiful work 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, why does it rain 'every' Friday? LOL Here it tends to rain every weekend! Surprise! It's raining today! (already Sunday here). Your EPP looks great, but so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EPP does make a great "carry anywhere" project - good you got some done. Looking forward to your green progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My head exploded after I read that your mom goes to the beauty parlor every week. I try to get my hair cut once, or twice a year, if I am feeling extravagant :-D Green is the perfect color for March. I am in awe of tiny pieces - better you than me. Wishing you good weather ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Friday was a busy one. Love your little hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love EPP and yours is really pretty! I need to cut some more fabric for mine to keep going. Thank you for telling me what RSC meant. That sounds like fun although I need another project like I need a hole in my head! LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My MIL gets her hair done every week too. This EPP project will keep you busy for a long time! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come to think of it, it does seem to have bad weather when one gets all gussied up. Hmmm. I am so glad you and your mom made it home safely. It sounds like you had a very busy weekend. So glad you got to spend some time watching tv and working on your fabulous EPP. Happy Tuesday, Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your EPP, perfect take anywhere project. I thought it always rained when it was school pick up time

    ReplyDelete