Thursday, March 2, 2023

I Like Thurs #108

Thursday is a Like-able day. Let's get smiling and, if there isn't enough for you here, you can check out more HERE.

How about Birthday Ice Cream sent to me from my daughter? Oh my! Look at those flavors!!!'


These will go nicely with the Black & White Cake from Rock Recipes that I made. It was so good! The marshmallow frosting had me nervous to make but it came out perfectly and tasty! Pretty sprinkles too!


And from my son, daughter-in-law, and grandsons I received this sweet bird feeder. The boys painted it and each side of the rooftop has a handprint!

Speaking of grandsons, here's Jacob sitting up all by himself. That giggle just cracks me up but oh! That hair! Grammy wants him to get a haircut!!

My wish was my command! Haha!

Look at that sweet face!

Of course Gracie & I like our walk and there is always fun & interesting things to see while outside.

I spied this kitty in the bushes. Gracie did not. Ha!

Daffodils starting to bloom around here

While on our way into P/T, Mom & I looked up and saw these beautiful formations of geese on the move. There were so MANY and they were so gracefully swerving in the sky! (Ugly-looking sky, though)

I really like retreats, especially this group that gets together once a month. We sew all day Friday, go home to dinner and sleep in our own beds, then sew all day Saturday, and then go home for good. Last weekend I said good-bye to my friend Phyllis. She works every month on the same quilt that only comes out for retreat. I've enjoyed watching her piece this one and have lamented with her over a couple of oopsies she made along the way. We've shared a sewing table several times and she & I have gotten to know each other pretty good. We both like to chat a little and sew a lot, which is good because we are both slow at the sewing machines. I wish her well!
Atomic Starburst by Violet Craft

Here's a wonderful Halloween quilt made by Karen. I just love how the birds overlap into the piecing. The pattern was called Blue Jay Way by Abbey Road Quilts. You can get the pattern on Connecting Threads HERE.

I put together the twelve 24" blocks of the Illusions Sampler BOM that I constructed all through 2022. There are two borders left to go and this beast will be done .... then will need to be quilted obviously.

We went out to lunch the other day. I'm not sure if I LIKED or didn't LIKE this. An older couple were each playing on their phones. Great that they're still "young" enough play with smart phones. Sad because they are communicating with each other the way I hate seeing young families communicate today.

I'm still enjoying the book "Murder in the Secret Garden". I do find this book to be a little "Hallmark-Channel"-ish. With just under 100 pages to go, I should be done this week.

As for TV watching, I happily watched all two hours of Survivor last night! Yay! Love that show and this will be the 44th season. I will confess that I didn't watch this show in the beginning but I have liked it for lots of years.

No picture of the 1500 HARD puzzle that I'm still putting together, but progress has been made. I hope to finish it before summer! Ha!

One last "sweetie" picture and I'm outta here.

Have a great week and I'll see you next Thursday for more "Likes"!

8 comments:

  1. Some lovely quilty eye candy. Time with family is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - yum on the cake and ice cream! Those look good! Little Jacob looks quite proud of himself for sitting up, and much older with his haircut, too. The retreat sounds fun, and such beautiful quilts were made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... ice cream and cake! Grandson is a cutie! that BOM quilt looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that baby laugh! He looks like a little model with his new haircut. Good job sitting up! Now, pass that ice cream over, I want to try every flavor please., LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo much to like here! That cake looks delish and I'm intrigued by the marshmallow frosting. I'll check it out. Hope you have a great week and Happy Belated Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great things in this post! Your grandson is adorable! You're so lucky to get both ice cream as well as cake for your birthday! I love the quilt you're working on. It looks huge but I love large quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had some Jeni’s ice cream last week when we were in Atlanta for QuiltCon. Yum!!! Retreats are great for getting things done! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete