Saturday, April 13, 2024

RSC Yellow

Look at me! We are not anywhere close to the end of the month and my yellow pineapples are done! In case you haven't been following along on my pineapple journey, I started this project at the start of RSC2023. I managed to make 30 of the blocks when I thought I'd better come up with a plan. That's when I came up with a queen-sized quilt for the guest room because pineapples were a symbol of hospitality in history.

And now you know why I'm still making pineapple blocks again this year. Here are this month's RSC yellow pineapples.

I keep meaning to lay out all that I have but haven't done so .... yet. Stay tuned.

Another long project that I've been working on is Red Threads from Sentimental Studios. I'm using brown thread instead of red and I'm stitching my blocks on kind of a pukey brown but I think the final project will be pretty. All the blocks will eventually have flying geese sashing with Kansas Troubles/Kim Diehl vibey fabrics.

Here are the latest finished blocks that I don't believe I've shared yet.



I've been enjoying jigsaw puzzles lately. There's so much "wait" time while cooking -- wait for the water to boil, wait for the onions to soften, wait for the oven to warm up -- and this is how I entertain myself during those "wait" periods. Lol! Here's my latest puzzle completion. And yes, there's another one already set up!
When I take my mother to her P/T appointments, this is what greets us on the counter. I think it's adorable and makes me smile.

I'll leave you with that photo. I've always thought it was greeting me but I can see it waving good-bye too! Hope you have a great weekend. Our weather is great and I plan on cleaning out my car today!

If you'd like to see what others have shared with Angela's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, visit her SoScrappy blog!


7 comments:

  1. Your scrappy pineapples are always so fun to see! That's going to be a great quilt. The embroidery blocks are pretty, too - flying geese for washing and orders sounds fun. Beautiful weather here, too - we've just been getting the back porch ready for outdoor time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to hear that "pineapples were a symbol of hospitality in history." They are all looking great - wonder how many you have now??
    Very sweet little stitcheries...funny you call that pukey brown....Id call it a beige I think...but a good background. Jigsaws can be fun too - the cactus makes me smile too....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pineapples make me smile every time you make a new batch. This will be a wonderful quilt for your guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More lovely pineapples and beautiful stitching. Happy cactus too! Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will take a lot of pineapple blocks to make a queen sized quilt. Three each month is manageable and you have them done by mid month! Woohoo! I like seeing your little embroideries each week too. Those little birds are so cute. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pineapples are so cool!! I love them! What a great puzzle - that looks very complicated.
    and the cactus - too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always admire your pretty stitchery blocks. And your pineapple field is growing, you certainly seem to enjoy making them. Wonder how many more you need to cultivate?

    ReplyDelete