Thursday, April 4, 2024

I Like Thursday #143

Today is a great day. I love the Troy Senior Center Monthly Luncheons. This afternoon they served us ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans with bacon, and then there was various cheesecakes for us to make a choice. I chose turtle! After lunch we were entertained musically by Elizabeth LaCamp. We all had a grand time singing along with her. I think Mom really, really enjoyed all the singing! You know I liked that!

In gardening news, my bleeding hearts are coming up again this year. I hope they will be bigger and bushier than last year.

The lungwort is up and blooming already again this year.

No picture but I dug up a lot of my Gargantuan Hosta. Most of it I transplanted up by the woods. I should have done this last year but didn't get around to it.

Look at these beautiful tulips that were blooming by a mailbox on my way to the bike trail!


Our weather recently took a turn for Winter again. We are experiencing highs in the mid 40s with a north/northwest wind giving us a wind chill right around 30 degrees. Yikes! I had to bring in some of my houseplants again. Here's a picture of two amaryllis plants with new blooms shooting up. I got these plants two Christmases ago from a sweet neighbor and it looks like they'll be blooming again this Spring. On the left is an avocado plant that finally sprang out of a pit. It's growing with a philodendron.


These houseplants are sitting on a new bookcase in our house. Wayfair was having a sale so I ordered one up. I chose it because it's not super big but, and the main reason, the bottom shelf stands several inches off the ground. I'm tired of worrying about furniture placement due to heat/air conditioner floor vents. I assembled it over the weekend and Polly approved. *grin*

We're so happy to have some TV watching. The Cardinals have started their baseball season; we love watching Tracker and Jeopardy; and I'm happy to watch Survivor even if all alone in the other room because my family doesn't understand my obsession. Lol!

I hope you're having a good week. I'll be back next week to share more things I like with you and with the good folks on Not Afraid of Color.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pink of those tulips. How nice to have so many growing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal at the senior center with entertainment sounds really fun! I love all the blooming things this time of year - such pretty tulips. We're happy for baseball to start, but not so happy with how the Rockies season has started out! 😥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are starting to come to life in my garden too. I try to wander around the yard every day to see what’s springing to life. Your tulips are such a pretty colour. I love bleeding hearts ! Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete