Tuesday, May 10, 2016

UFO Challenge and Loopy Academy Updates

OK, I'm really feeling sick. Apparently I deleted my post instead of posting it. Blah! Let's do it all over again! Yeah, sure. I guess the good news is I already have a plan for what I want to tell you! Let's think positive ... my motto today!

This is a picture of my "Life of Plenty". If you'll remember, it was my APQ UFO Challenge for April. I love how it turned out. The pattern was presented as a Mystery QAL by Jeni Gaston of Woolen Willow Designs. I kept up pretty good with the blocks, I just never trimmed the blocks and assembled at the end. Well, there were a few blocks that needed completion but I was in pretty good shape. The only thing is is that because it was a mystery, I didn't know the final layout as I made blocks. Didn't know what was going to be next to what. On top of that, I did this very scrappy ... fabrics and wool ... even the background fabrics. I did purchase the outer border. When I got the border fabric home I was afraid that it was going to be too bold but I think it frames and unifies the blocks just right. Happy dance!!!

Since it is May, here is a picture of this month's APQ UFO Challenge in its current state. The pattern is called "Dresden Star" by Edyta Sitar from Laundry Basket. The fabrics were received in a fabric exchange from a couple of years ago. As you can see the blocks and sashing strips are completed. It needs assembly, setting triangles, and two borders. I can do this! I have a day retreat this week and of course there is Friday Night Sew-In. I repeat: I can do this! (Fingers crossed!)

I had been doing really well keeping up with my Loopy Academy projects. I hope to complete my "Sophomore Year" this May. I posted earlier the first project, a cowl. Here is a picture of my 2nd project, Houdini Socks, pattern by Cat Bordhi. The requirements for this project was to use a solid-colored yarn and a multi-colored yarn in the same project. The stripes in my socks were as the pattern called for but I added the multi-colored yarn at the top of the cuff for a little extra pizzazz! What do you think? Loved working these socks!

The requirements for the 3rd and final project this semester is to knit a pair of socks using either toe-up or cuff-down construction, whichever is newer to you. I've been knitting socks FOREVER both ways so, since the Houdini Socks were toe-up, my current socks are cuff-down. One sock is complete and the 2nd is in progress. I'll show a picture when I'm done!

I had more stuff to share before I accidentally "trashed" my earlier post but I'm done now. Will catch you up later. I hope everyone had a grand Mother's Day whether you were treated royally or you treated YOUR mother royally or BOTH!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your Dresden Star! The colors are fantastic! Love how Life of Plenty turned out also. And socks, too? Looks like a productive few weeks!

    ReplyDelete