Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Piece Yourself Together


Don't you just love the name of this group? I follow Hibiscus Stitches blog and have decided to join in the fun. It's kind of like FNSI only this group is all about English Paper Piecing. Anyway, I've been working diligently on a border of the Mosaics Quilt by Irene Blanck. Irene's website is Focus On Quilts and you can see her beautiful quilts HERE. Just click on Quilts and then Gallery. Mosaics is the very first quilt she shows. I've got my center medallion pretty much all appliqued and I'm working on hexi-border #1. Check it out on the left!


It was early this morning when I first brought out my project. Polly, my kitty, still needed a bit of shut-eye. How early was it? 3 or 3:30 am. Why? Because the Australian Open Tennis Tournament was being shown live on my TV at that ugly hour and I love watching the major tennis tournaments! The picture on the right shows the view from my hexis. I like Rafa Nadal but he bowed out during the 3rd set due to injury. That's OK. There are still plenty more to watch ... like Carolyn Wozniacki, Roger Federer, Tennys Landgren, and let's not forget Radwanska and Madison Keyes! So much good competition!


Well, back to my stitching. I completed all the way down one side of the ten hexi rosettes yesterday and this morning I was making my way back. I plan on getting this border finished by tomorrow morning and piecing more hexis together for border #2.

I'll be linking up with Hibiscus Stitches. If you'd like more information about Piece Yourself Together events, simply go HERE. If you'd like to see what all the others are sharing, pop in over HERE.

Whatever you decide to do, I plan to keep on stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment