Thursday, February 1, 2018

APQ UFO #9 and Loopy Academy Assignments

I am feeling pretty good about January's Projects. Here's an update:

APQ UFO # 12 was the 10-Minute Block Quilt. Top was completed and has moved on to the Ready To Be Quilted pile. Ta! Da!
February's assignment is UFO #9. Yay! It's a Float Month for me! Which suits me fine because I've been really cooking along on Mosaic! This month I made enough hexies for border #1 and border #2. Border #1 has been appliqued down and border #2 is awaiting the same treatment. Then on to border #3! Woo! Hoo!
Border #1 in the applique process
Border #2 ready for applique
 I'm thinking that my APQ UFO Challenge this month will be to make significant progress on Mosaic!

Block #1 Addie
Block #2 Aimee
I've also been busy trying to keep up with Farmer's Wife 1930s Sampler Quilt Challenge. I started this project a couple of years ago and it fell to the wayside. Angie from GnomeAngel.com has graciously decided to PUSH us again to the finish line. We are supposed to sew 2 blocks per week and, since there are 99 blocks, we should have it together by the end of the year. Marti Michell has templates for these blocks and Angie has the dimensions of the fabric pieces to paper piece. Whichever way you decide to go, there are very good tutorials. You can find the tutorials HERE! There's also a Facebook group if you need inspiration or help.
Block #4 Ann
Block #5 Anne
That being said, I am doing a mix of techniques. Some patterns just seem better suited for one way over the other. Case in point, block #3 Alice, I first used From Marti Michell templates. UGH! What a nightmare! I completely screwed up color placement, I completely messed up orientation placement, and then it also ended up being closer to 7" square instead of the 6-1/2" square it was supposed to be.


Dorked Up #3 Alice
Keeper #3 Alice
Check out how the color placement is totally dorked up! Haha! The one on the left is outtahere! 51 pieces in #3 Alice. Wouldn't you know I'd get to do two of them! Shaking my head ....

In the meantime, I'm working on #7 Augusta. Only 33 pieces and I'm paper-piecing again.




#7 August - In Progress
And wouldn't you know, The Loopy Ewe posted the requirements for Loopy Academy Senior Year, 2nd Semester this morning. I've been busy pattern searching and will be ordering yarn soon. It'll be perfect for Winter Olympic watching!

Keep on sewing (or knitting)!



No comments:

Post a Comment