Monday, February 12, 2018

Very Busy With Nothing Finished ...

Well, here we are quickly approaching the middle of February. Time for an update. I feel like I've been busy but I'm not too sure I have much to show for it. So let's see what we've got now.

#7 - Augusta
#8 - Aunt
First up is Farmer's Wife 1930s Sampler quilt. I posted #1-5 HERE and I was in the middle of #6 - April while at retreat. You can see me working on it HERE but I don't know where my picture of the completed April has gone. I'll search and keep you posted. I've done a few more blocks since then which is good, right? I must confess that Ava was done in a previous attempt at this quilt. However, the other three I recently completed. It looks like there is an upcoming stretch where I've already done them. Yay!
#9 - Autumn
#10 - Ava

#11 - Bea starts the B names and I've actually already done her too EXCEPT there's a slight error that will be corrected before I post her. *Red face*

I have to say that I'm really liking what I see as these are getting done.  Already trying to visualize how I'm going to finish this up. I need to stay focused though. 10 are done and only 89 to go! *Snicker*

This past weekend I was able to spend a couple of days with friends sewing. Seemed like a good time to work some more on Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake. What started off looking like this mess:
Turned into this mess! I believe this block is sometimes referred to as Birds in the Air. That's 48 of them laying there with skazillions more to go. Pretty sure this will be a retreat project. Can't really see myself working diligently on this project at home. It's pretty intense.
In the meantime, Loopy Academy kicked off on the 1st of this month. I'm working on Senior Year, 2nd Semester. One of the projects has to be a sweater or a vest. I decided to work on Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Baby Nouveau-ne. You can find the pattern on Ravelry. I've admired it for a while and thought it challenging enough to be fun but easy enough for Olympics watching too. This picture was actually taken the day before yesterday.
Last night I got one sleeve fully knitted and I'm halfway done with the second. I can't wait to finish it up, weave in the loose ends, and block it. It is going to be so cute! I've got several girly sweaters in my Grandma's Hope Chest so I thought I'd add a blue boy's one to the lot. (I'm going to use some of the leftover yarn from this project with a multi-color yarn to make some Hobo Mitts for my daughter -- at her request. Of course, by the time they're done it will be spring but she'll have them for next winter!)

As an aside, I'm almost done with the 2nd border of Mosaics and will be stitching up more hexies for the third border very soon. This is also a terrific Olympics watching project. Pictures coming soon!

Keep on sewing & knitting!