Monday, September 3, 2018

Labor Day Progress

Didn't have a lot of time to sit down and sew because my house has been busy with company and my honey's retirement. However I did manage to steal down the basement steps a couple of mornings and managed to accomplish a little progress on my Dresden Quilt Workshop project. 
Here are all my Tiny Dresden blocks with a few strips of HSTs.
Here is my progress on the next step. I've got 3 out of 4 tiny blocks completed with petals in my tool box  for the 4th one. I'll need to determine what the centers and backgrounds will be. I'm really loving this project.

In the meantime, I've been embroidering Liberty by Kathy Schmitz. I think it's going to be very nice when done. After the embroidery is done, there is a quilted border to piece. Got my fabrics picked out so the hard part is done.

While my daughter has been visiting, we went to the St. Louis Zoo. Here are a couple of pictures I took.
 Zebra baby was adorable!
I love the colors on these King Penguins. I keep thinking I'll make a quilt with their colors: black, gray, white, yellow, and a smidge of orange. Took the picture to remind me! *wink*

We also enjoyed a rousing game of putt-putt. Thankfully it wasn't too hot by Midwest Standards. Sarah was the winner. You know how it is, parents have to "let" the child win. Lol!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment