Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Weather: It's a-Changin' and a Few Thank-yous

We've been a bit cold here in the Midwest USA which has been exceedingly nice! Truly felt like Fall last week but Summer will be making a comeback this week. Hoping it's a brief one!!

Before I get into what I've been up to on the sewing front, I have a couple of people that I need to thank. First up are my friends Marion, Nancy, and Rosalee for inviting me to Runaway Quilt Retreat.
I talked about it in my last post here. Thank you, Dorothy, for driving us safely there. Last but not least, thank you, Sharon, for telling me about the benefits of getting tickets to the St. Louis Cardinals last home game of the season -- the giveaways included a refrigerator magnet with the 2019 season PLUS a voucher for q free ticket to a game next season. Also, you were SO RIGHT that the Fredbird Express is the best way to get to the game. Got home from retreat Friday afternoon and hubby & I were at the game Wednesday night!

Another thank you goes to Wendy at Sugarlane Quilts. Wendy hosts Friday Night Sew-In once a month virtually. Participants join in from all over the world. After it is all over, Wendy draws a winner for a prize and I won a pattern a couple months ago. It took quite a while for the gift to arrive all the way from Australia but it finally did get here.
Now that business has been taken care of, let's get down to my weekly creative wrap-up. First up is my Loopy Academy project: Lady Claire socks. If you'll recall I needed to find a project that included beads. One sock done and sock #2 well underway.
The color isn't very accurate but at least I got the shot!

Moving along to the Dresden Quilt Workshop project ... I managed to finish one of the weeks and have a good handle on another. Remember how I'd finished these triangles up earlier:
I finished the other half of these triangles. They now look like this:
The next set of blocks find the plates stitched. I just need to applique the centers. Then I'll sew these star blocks up. One is quite in-your-face, the other a bit more subtle. Remember, it takes all kinds!

Recently I joined a table runner club at my local quilt shop. I didn't do the first project but I was up early this morning working on the second project. I pieced the pineapples, got the background fabrics cut, and ironed the pineapples in place. So glad that I'd prepared the fusibles earlier in the week. Aren't they cute?
The project calls for five of these and I have them ready. I'll get the applique done tomorrow because the next table runner meeting is the first Tuesday morning of the month -- Yup, two days away! Working under pressure as usual!

The last thing I want to share is an English paper-pieced project that I finished years ago but never appliqued it down to a background. And done! Next up is the quilting and then finishing it up. My thoughts are leaning towards a nice red binding.

It's a small table topper, approximately 12"x 15" so far. The pieces are very tiny! If I get it done in time, I'm thinking I'll donate it to my guild's auction in November. Money raised goes to bringing in qualified teachers to the guild.
I think that's pretty much it for this week's progress. In case you're wondering, hubby and I have survived week number 4 of retirement! 😁

Linking up with Movin' It Forward on Monday. Check what we've all been up to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment