Saturday, January 12, 2019

Happy Scrappy (and Snowy) Saturday

Started to write up a post yesterday but decided to sew instead. I feel like that was a good choice. With the snow storm due to arrive yesterday, I told Mom to come up a day early rather than get stuck at home. Another good reason to sew as much as I can while I had some time.
 Tiny Tuesday #1 finished.
Tiny Tuesday #2 done too!

This morning while everyone was still sleeping and more snow was falling, I sat at the sewing machine and got these beautiful 1-1/2" HSTs sewn & trimmed. I also cut the inner borders and cornerstones.
 They will be getting sewn on my embroidery project.
I also prepped and sewed the pincushion that was included with my Primitive Gatherings kit. I think it turned out lovely!
And just because I don't have enough irons in the fire, I started an April cross-stitch project.
While Sarah was visiting over Christmas, she and I decided that I should start the April one so maybe it'd be done on time. Plus I seem to do better when pushed with a deadline. The principal at the school I used to work at in Hawaii gave me a mug that said, "I work better under stress." I remember asking her why she gave me that and she said she noticed I could really get my act together quickly if I had a time limit. I think I like the angel ornament she gave me one year for Christmas better which she said she gave me because she thought of me as her angel. Hung that ornament again this year and thought of her.

That's enough winding down Memory Lane for today. I'll leave you with a picture of my back deck ruler this morning.
And now you know what Fred is up to this morning. UGH!

Linking up with

No comments:

Post a Comment