Saturday, January 26, 2019

Seeing RED!

We are getting to the end of January which has been designated "RED" with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and for Tiny Tuesday. I did complete my Bow Tie block for Tiny Tuesday and it came out super cute. I also kept it scrappy -- the knot is a different red fabric than the bow.
So far my background fabric is working out just fine with the first four blocks. Pshew!

I also managed to use up a bunch of red scraps for Scrap Happy Saturday. I've been working on my first String-X block for this as well as stringing along with Lori of Humble Quilts and with Moda Strings. Of course, I still have red scraps, which is a good thing since there are five Tuesdays in January. This means there will definitely be another Tiny Tuesday red block.

Back to String-X ... This block is a FREE Bonnie Hunter pattern which I'm hoping works out with RSC19. It was really fun putting together all these reds and I liked the way Leena used alternating colors to create hourglass setting blocks. I'm using a light gray and dark gray as my neutrals. Here's a picture of my big completed block. I believe it's 14" or so. Can't remember exactly right now and I don't want to get up to measure it.
I think the hourglass blocks will be subtle but enough to notice ... or at least that's what I'm hoping for. I did edge-stitch around this block since this is a year-long project and I wanted to protect the integrity of the seams. What do you think? Red enough (hahaha!)? Too busy for your taste (which is the impression I got from my sister)?

Here's a quick update on my cross-stitch project. Coming right along but oh! so slowly.
Surely I'll have this done by Easter!!! Lol!

Linking up with Em at Scrap Happy Saturday, Movin' It Forward,Tiny Tuesday, and String-a-Long with Lori @ Humble Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your Bloomers blocks. They look wonderful with the 30s fabrics. I purchased some templates from Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet and started some blocks. I like them, and they did get placed easily, but was unable to keep up with them and sew them down. Great job on your scraps as well.

    ReplyDelete