Monday, November 25, 2019

Progress & #41

My hand piecing saga continues and, I'm happy to say, Kyoto is coming right along. Clue #7 is all about making the center star.
Two more points to go for this and then come the Clue #6 parts from this post to get sewn in between the points. I hope the #6s are as easy to sew in place as these points have been!

Last week I managed to get the quilting done on this patriotic wall hanging. I'm happy with how cute it turned out and will be happy to show this one off at UFO Group on the 10th.
The pattern is "Liberty" by Kathy Schmitz and most of the fabrics are by Primitive Gatherings. It might be their Patriotic Gatherings line? Anyway I love the red rockets and the navy sheep!

Today I want to wish my husband a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Today marks 41 years of our  marital bliss! It's a wonder that we've put up with each other all this time considering all we've been through. But we've done it together and that's the cement on our marriage. Think we've got another 41 years in us??? Lol! I love you and am looking forward to our dinner out tonight!

I'm still on the trail with Gracie each morning but haven't been going as far as before. We're closer to two miles or just under. The hip is better but not 100% .... yet! I'm feeling confident though! This morning we went 2.03 miles and it was a beautiful, crisp morning. The sky was so blue and the sun was shining so brightly. Really put a spotlight on my favorite tree on the trail!


Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Susie, your wip and finish are both lovely. Wishing you and your husband a very happy anniversary. That's a beautiful blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. I think this tree picture is going to end up being my header next month ... at least for a while!

      Delete
  2. That star looks lovely! Congratulations on your anniversary. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lin. Let's hope I don't mess that star up in the final piecing.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Lin. I'm looking forward to getting Kyoto finished. Jinny Beyer fabric sure makes that star dazzle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Handpiecing. You are a very patient woman, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patient or nuts ... some days I wonder. Lol! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Also, Kyoto is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Jinny Beyer usually has beautiful fabrics!

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary and happy Thanksgiving. That Sweet Land of Liberty is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may not be ready for Christmas but I've got a new piece for Summer 2020! Lol! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete