Friday, November 15, 2019

Long Time, No Post

It has been FOREVER since I've posted. The reason: I was on vacation. We left on October 27 heading for North Carolina to visit my brother (John) and his wife (Karen). Hubby went fishing with John over the next three days.
John Caught a Nice One
 In spite of a rainy day, the boys continued fishing.
John With Another Keeper

Hubby Caught a Good One Too!
Meanwhile, Mom, Karen, and I took off for Raleigh to pick up one of my twin nieces (Kelli) who attends NC State University. Then all four of us headed to Wilmington to visit the other twin (Jennifer). I had visited NC State but hadn't seen UNC-Wilmington. Also, the girls had each moved off campus for their sophomore year and we were wanting to see how they were settling in to their places. Kelli spent that night with her sister while us adults spent the night at the local Townhouse Suites. We enjoyed our visit very much.
Me with Jennifer's Roomate's kitty

Jennifer in front of the UNC-Wilmington Library

Kelli Found a Little Worm

Jennifer with her Roommate's Puppy

All Us Girls Enjoying Dinner at Poe's Tavern
On November 1, Mom, Hubby, and I took off for Maryland. Of course we wanted to see the kids but we REALLY wanted to spend a little time with our adorable grandson, Brody. We drove through Virginia.
 We crossed the Harry Nice Bridge into Maryland.
At last we arrived!
Brody Trying on the Sweater Grammy Made

Brody with His Mommy (Amanda) and Dogs (Sadie & Rocky)

Proud Grandpa

Three Manly Generations

Grammy with Brody 
Just Look at that Face!
Brody Turned 5 Months While We Were There
After spending nearly a week in Southern Maryland, we headed to almost the Delaware border so Mom could visit her sister. It was a nice visit but we didn't catch my aunt on a really good day. Apparently she had been up several times the night before and was really tired the day we visited. Didn't matter -- we enjoyed our visit with her, my cousin Ellen, Ellen's daughter-in-law Jenna, and Ellen's new granddaughter Emma.
Mom and Aunt Jinny
Aunt Jinny Just Wanted to Eat Her Ice Cream! Haha!
Aunt Jinny with Her Great-Granddaughter Emma (2 Months)
We arrived home in time for the Midwest snow & cold and a mountain of laundry!
I finally got to do a little sewing. Angela got a little behind on our Tiny Tuesday blocks due to LIFE but they were waiting for me when I got home. I sewed up two of the brown RSC blocks and the last block is laid out, waiting for me to sit down to the sewing machine.


For my leader & ender, I sewed brown strings. These pieces need to be trimmed up and made into a big String-X block.
I've been working a lot on Kyoto lately. It was a hand-pieced Mystery Quilt from Jinny Beyer in 2018. I had finished the first three clues, messed up the fourth, and had started on Clue 5.  I finished up Clue 5 and started Clue 6 when I realized I had never gone back and finished Clue 4. I'll be working on that this weekend. There are only 8 clues to get this finished!
Clue 6 - Add the striped piece to these mirror pieces.
There are six of each of these pieces.
Tomorrow I'll be selling tickets all day for my guild's raffle quilt at the local Yard Sale/Craft Fair. This evening I got some embroidery ready to work on while working the booth.

Not sure if you can actually see the stitching lines but I'll be working on these dish towels. Hope to not get a lot of embroidery done because I'll be too busy selling chances! Lol!

Now that I'm back home and we're caught up, I'll be posting a little more regularly again. Have a great weekend!


Linking up with Wendy at FNSI and Angela at Scrappy Saturday. You can see what all my cyber friends have been up to by clicking on the links!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a whirlwind trip, but looked like a LOT of good visiting took place. Brody's sweater fit perfectly!! At least, in my opinion (since there's plenty of room for growth.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like quite a trip, and lots of special people to see! Glad you're getting caught up now that you're back. Those are such pretty browns - warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like great family and vacation time! Love your Kyoto blocks

    ReplyDelete