Saturday, October 26, 2019

Scrappy Days

Well, it's been a while since my last post and I have been busy. Actually amazingly so. So let's see .... I finished the Safari Life children's book and here are pictures of all the pages.








It also included two finger puppets and a pocket to keep them in. A companion panel had stuffed safari animals. I sewed them up, stuffed them tightly, and then stitched their bellies closed.

Polly liked them! She's a small kitty but you can get an idea of how big these animals are.

I finished sewing together the blocks and sashing for Simplify. It's big -- queen-sized!
I really like how it turned out and hope the recipients eventually will too. I think I have a plan for the quilting but it will certainly take some time. It's very heavy! And did I mention it's really BIG??!!

I finished up the Dresden Quilt Workshop quilt. Susan, the designer behind Suz'n Quilts and this masterpiece, will be so HAPPY to see! It was also #3 of the Dirty Dozen Challenge: COMPLETED!

This picture shows the colors best. It's made up of about 85% French General fabrics.
This one shows Polly wondering why I'm hiding! See her poking her nose under the bottom? Lol!
Here are my Tiny Tuesday blocks all pinned to the design wall. The two brown blocks are to the right on the ironing board and the top row is red. Hard to see, I know, sorry about that! Some months had 5 Tuesdays but most didn't. October does and that will finish this project off. I pinned the rows up in the order that we pulled colors. However they may not stay in this order. As set up it will be 42" x 63". I've been trying to figure out what to do with the blank spots and I think I have a plan. Letters & words! RSC 2019 and my initials (SEH) will more than likely show up. Maybe there will be space enough for my name? City where I live? Who knows? First I need to finish up my brown Tiny Tuesay blocks but my brains are a-swirlin'!

I finished these wool applique pillows to go with the previously finished bat. Unfortunately I ran out of stuffing so the spooky cat can't be finished quite yet.
Last but not least I pulled out Kyoto again. I started this last year with Jinny Beyer. It was a mystery sew-a-long. I was super silly and put it as my Bonus Project on the UFO Challenge at my local quilt shop (OSew Personal). It's a hand-stitching project so, yes! It takes a bit of time but I don't mind in the least. Here's a picture of round 4 of one of the pieces in progress. There are 3 more rounds and there are 6 of these pieces. That will complete Step 5 of 8, which is the finish.
I pulled this out to work on again during the World Series. Let's hope it goes a full 7 games because I've still got a ways to go on this! Lol!

Something I'm pretty excited about but not at all quilty. Yesterday morning after walking Gracie my Runkeeper app on my phone looked like this:
Check it out -- 999 miles! With a meteor! So, in spite of the rain this morning, I took Gracie on a short wet walk and now my app looks like this:
All my miles have been recorded since I got my new phone about a year & a half ago. They are exclusively my morning walks with Gracie. Sometimes I forget my phone so of course those went unrecorded. When I go on vacation I don't record any mileage either even if I go to a zoo or walk around college campuses or walk other dogs! These miles were all Gracie-approved! Wouldn't you think I'd be skinny?!?!!?? Lol!

I think that pretty much catches us up! Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Angela for Scrappy Saturday. So many fun projects to look at!

10 comments:

  1. What wonderful quilts you are making... love the french general sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful collection of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Safari Life book is adorable! Looks like fun to put together! I enjoyed seeing pictures of your other projects, too. What a fun idea to add some letters to your Tiny Tuesday project! Now you've got me thinking... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on achieving 1000 miles! Yes, I expect you to be skinny! lol. Safari Life book is so cool. What a lovely gift to make. Love your quilts too. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely things to look at in this post. The book is amazing but I especially love the sampler quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoo! Applause, standing ovation! Great quilting and running and cute cat... love it all! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been busy with all these marvelous projects! I love the quilts, but I’m really taken with the book, puppets and stuffed animals. What a wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I really like your idea for the remaining spaces on your Tiny Tuesday quilt!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilts you show here, and so cozy children's book! It's nice to see the beautiful Tiny Tuesday blocks too. It was a great project to be part of. :-)

    ReplyDelete