Monday, October 7, 2019

Short Post But Long On Projects!

I managed to get away this past Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. (You will be seeing more of these escapes over the next week or so. YAY!) I spent it with so many friends at a daytime retreat, meaning we sew all day and go home at night. Here's what I managed to get do.

I was very excited to get a start on this little project. The pattern makes a wallhanging but I was wanting to make it into a little pillow. Then I saw the designer did the very same thing. I promise I was going to do it myself before I saw hers! It is a very easy pattern and loads of fun.
This mini quilt is only 14" x 8". The little HSTs measure 1" finished -- teensy! If you would like to get this pattern, you can check out Suzn Quilts website here. You will find a lot of patterns there, both cute ones and beautiful ones.

I also finished up my little Bat Pillow. It's stuffed and sewn up, measuring in at approximately 6" square. I know you see the pins at the bottom of the cushion but it really has since been sewn.
I especially LOVE the piece of flannel I found in my stash that I used for the back. Doesn't it match perfectly??!!??
On Saturday I also cut out the pieces for four blocks that I wanted to get done on Sunday, which I did. I had seen an adorable little quilt while at Runaway Retreat last year and fell in love with it. I asked the person what the name of the pattern was and when I got home I ordered it. It sat around all year until now. Here are four TINY 5" finished kitties & pumpkin blocks.
This pattern is by This 'n' That by Sherri Falls and you can find it here. There are five star blocks that will separate these. I was so glad that I had already cut these out because they took a bit of time to sew.

In between projects I took a few minutes to sew up the Tiny Tuesday block. It's called Floating Stairs and I love it. You will notice that Darks are the chosen color for October sewing in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. That translates to browns, blacks, and/or grays. I'm using brown.
And that is it for me today. I've got laundry underway and a load of fabric to cut for an upcoming class on Wednesday! Until then ...



Linking up with Em at So Scrappy for Movin' It Forward Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryll. What a sweet compliment coming from such a talented gal!

      Delete