Monday, September 30, 2019

Movin' It Forward Monday!

Movin' It Forward Monday always presents the opportunity to see how much progress we've made since the last time we've posted. I think it also keeps us focused on our projects so we have something to post! Haha! So, with that in mind, here's my last block to Hospital Sketches, the BOM from Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts blog.
 I'll need to put it all together and make a final decision on the borders.
Miss Polly didn't really like me invading her space. She wants ALL the sunshine to herself!

This weekend I also started thinking a little more about Halloween. After all, October 1 is not far away ... like tomorrow! When Hubby & I went to Colorado to visit his sister, we stopped at Quilters Station in Kansas City. What a fabulous store!!! If you're ever in KC, this is a must. Truly! You must trust me on this! Anyway, I picked up this pattern for little wool pillows.
Saturday I pulled some gorgeous hand-dyed orange wool from Primitive Gatherings (another MUST SEE store!) and grabbed some black and got myself set up. By Saturday evening I had this whipped up. It actually took longer than I thought it would because it's a bit fiddly.
Then on Sunday I put this together. All those little, tiny curves were definitely fiddly!
Unfortunately, I overestimated how much black wool I had at home so these will be the only two until I order up more black. That's OK, I've got other things planned ahead.

Yesterday I also decided to make some Peanut Blossoms. They're always a big hit around here.
We're finally expecting some Fall weather by the end of the week. Will probably have to whip up something pumpkin! Until then, have a great week!

Linking up with Em's Scrapbag for Movin' It Forward Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Your floral applique block is oh so pretty.

    I could reach right in that cookie picture and grab a couple. Yummy looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm looking forward to sewing it all up and reaching a decision on the border!

      Delete
  2. What a pretty block! I love those colours. Those blossoms look delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy seeing the Halloween items being made. Halloween is something that is not really celebrated much here in Australia compared to other countries. Cute flower block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There are some of us that WAY overdo Halloween around here! Lol! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect pre-work for the Halloween holiday. Hope you get to make the last two before it's trick or treat time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to order more of the black wool -- thanks for reminding me. Will be doing that as soon as I get out of here! Lol!

      Delete