Monday, September 2, 2019

Feeling Good

Feeling good because I AM moving things forward lately. I've been working diligently on my Dresden Workshop Challenge quilt. I had decided that I didn't want to applique the word "Quilt" in the large 9" x 21" block. So, if not that, then what? After considerable thought, I knew the direction I wanted to go but then I had to decide how exactly to put it in motion and what fabrics to use. Here's what I've sewn so far, pinned to my design wall.
See that big empty spot in the upper left? Here's what's going there once I've finished it. It is, after all, still a work in progress.
I think it'll look really pretty in that spot. Now I'm looking at the empty spot on the right. Guess I have a couple more blocks to go! But hey! Progress is progress!

My little Circus Embroideries now have two blocks done.
This little bear will join the previously finished clown.
I wonder which block will be next -- a pony or an elephant? And then I'll have to decide on what color to embroider it -- maybe red or green? Here's a picture of the fabric that my niece Kelli and my mother helped pick out. We were all together in Pennsylvania for my cousin's daughter's beautiful wedding in the Poconos with a few free hours so SURPRISE! I managed a little shopping excursion!
I've got a busy week with company coming in this week. Hope to find a little sewing time!

Linking up with Em's Scrapbag for Movin' It Forward Monday. Check out all the projects going on over there!

5 comments:

  1. These fabrics are gorgeous. Glad you are moving forward. I'm trying to not start new projects, but I just won at Elm Street Quilts for OMG and I'm getting a clammy ruler and a pattern. I think if I finish one more off my list it will justify starting that one. Hope you get to enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful quilt! So many nice blocks and it becomes so beautiful with the block you sew to the spot.
    The circus embroideries are very cute, and so perfect to find a motif fabric with circus figures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all that applique - beautiful quilt. That block is perfect for that spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your vase of tulips - just perfect for that gap and the whole thing is looking amazing! I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dresden challenge quilt is stunning. I can’t imagine all the work you’ve already put into it. Those little embroideries look vintage to me. Very nice. Reminds me of some patterns from my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete