Saturday, September 21, 2019

Tiny Tuesday, Knitting, a Bonus, & Planning

Happy Saturday! I feel good as I've been busily catching up with some of my projects and actually completing one or two! There's satisfaction in finishing and being able to move on without any guilty feelings. I had a friend once tell me that I should've been Catholic --- she said that she was and that it was a religion full of guilt. While I'm not exactly sure what that meant, she would chuckle and we would move on. And speaking of moving on .....
Here's this week's Tiny Tuesday. Angela wanted to make a Card Trick block but feared it would be too difficult due to the size. She came up with this pseudo-card-trick block and I love it! If it was done in reds and/or pinks I would call it Hearts All Around. Do you see it? Thank you, Angela, for another wonderful TT block and, this being #3 purple block, we now have only one more purple block to go this month for RSC. Linking up with Angela at So Scrappy!
Last night was Friday Night Sew-In and I thank Wendy at Sugarlane Designs for getting us together last night once again. It's a super party of talented women that share just what they sewed last night. You can admire their work HERE! As for me, I started in the afternoon. I figured that I was still actually sewing with some of the folks in Australia due to the time difference!
While my sister was visiting and we were out shopping at fabric shops, I saw this beautiful panel for an apron and knew it should be made for my daughter. She'll be making pies & cookies this Fall and she should wear an apron, of course! Turns out, panels were on sale that week and the backing fabric I wanted was clearanced! You can see it on the back of the strap on the left. Wish I'd bought more of that -- that green houndstooth is amazingly gorgeous!
This past week I also finished the scarf I was kntting for my daughter. If you recall, she brought me this beautiful, hand-dyed skein of yarn that her friend bought for her for her birthday. She said it should be enough for a scarf and would I make it for her, please? I found a pattern on Ravelry called One Row Handmade Scarf and it was EASY PEASY! Great knit while watching the St. Louis Cardinals finish the season! The beauty of this pattern is that it is the same front & back = reversible! 
I also managed to finish the 4th pineapple block on Hospital Sketches QAL. No picture because you've already seen what it looks like three times before! Ha! I finished my evening determining what fabrics for the next Hospital Sketches block. Let's hear it for progress!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I do see those hearts in our TT block now - that would be fun in pinks and reds. I love your daughter's scarf! Such a good idea to have it be the same back and front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love that knitting pattern especially because it is reversible for a scarf. Meanwhile lovely quilting and that Crabapple Hill Design caught my eye (at least I think that is it). Beautiful work and isn't this hobby (hobbies) of ours wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a Crabapple Hill Design called Witch's Boot. Good eye! And yes -- ours is a wonderful hobby!

      Delete
  3. Wow! I know all about that Catholic guilt.... it can be pushed away successfully! Beautiful scarf and way to go on finishing up the HS block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty apron. Great work on the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on Angela's block and you One Row Scarf, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely things. Nice find on the apron panel and backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a fruitful FNSI! The card trick block is a clever adaptation and yours looks lovely. The apron was a good find and has sewed up really nicely. And the scarf looks like a great knit - thanks for the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great panel for your apron and lovely scarf..

    ReplyDelete