Monday, September 16, 2019

So Much To Catch Up On!

I'm back after a bit of a long absence. We left August 22 and arrived in Loveland CO on the 23rd to visit my sister-in-law and to get a few things straight for her. She needs rotator cuff surgery so household chores are difficult for her right now. I helped her make a fresh bed with clean sheets and folded the newly cleaned ones to put away, vacuumed behind her bed by the wall, and noticed a few things for her brother to take care of, such as to put up her towel bar which had come off the wall during one of her falls! We took her to Wally World to do a bit of shopping which included light bulbs for over her sink in the bathroom. The burnt out ones were then replaced as she shouldn't be climbing on stools. But the most fun she and her brother had was shopping for a new TV! She still had the big, old, HEAVY TV! She now has a new television with HD!! Her cable company came out and hooked her up with an HD box and she is amazed at how wonderful her picture is now.
Fred & Bonnie at Loveland Lake
We returned home on August 27th to enjoy an evening full of pizza, salad, and wine with houseguests -- my mother, my brother, and his wife. They had arrived two days before and kept Mom company while she cat-sitted Polly!
24 hours later, my brother and SIL were on their way to Colorado Springs to see their son at the USAF Academy. It was Parent Weekend and this is his junior year - he's now an upper classmen - do they even call them that any more?
My brother & nephew at the Air Force vs Colgate Football game
Now I had a week to catch up on our laundry from our trip and reassess the pantry for a shopping list. One week later my brother & SIL returned along with my sister from TX, a surprise to Brother & SIL!
My SIL loving on Gracie!
We had a wonderful reunion, Mom with all three of her children. It's been way too long!
Mom and her three children
We enjoyed dinner that first night and then enjoyed another dinner, this time with hubby's brother & SIL from Iowa. They were down for a Hoover Family Reunion the next day! My brother & wife left the next morning and we were off to the reunion.
Hubby (right) with his brother & sister

Hubby (right) with his brother, sister (in red),
NC niece (floral shirt), and Las Vegas niece (in pink)
The reunion was Saturday and my sister didn't leave for her home until Thursday. We made the most of it and visited four quilt stores and went to my Tuesday night guild meeting. She enjoyed my Polly and Polly was actually sort of enjoying her!
Now that ALL our company is gone, it's time to get started on neglected projects. It was announced that September would be PURPLE in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Out came the purple scrap bin and I sewed up the Chinese Lantern.
Purple Chinese Lantern nestled among the petunias. Pretty!
In between sewing this block up, I used my Sting-X segments as leaders & enders. I got three pieces sewn and the last one is only about 1-2 strips away from completion too!
This could have been my Scrappy Saturday post but today is Movin' It Forward Monday! What did I "move forward"? I finished the last piece of the Dresden Quilt Workshop project!
Ready to start  putting this one together! Yippee!

Linking up with Em's Scrapbag for Movin' It Forward Monday! My goodness! You should see what projects are getting worked on!!!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely purple block and dresden piece. The irises on your blog header are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I thought the irises fit the "purple month" of September!

      Delete
  2. Great to catch up on a few of your posts Susie & see what you've been up to! Anthea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family time you had. I love the purples in your scrap bin! Oh and that Dresden block is delightful too - looking forward to seeing it put together. xx

    ReplyDelete